Help please with a quick question

rosiepose, Jul 15, 10:48pm
Just went for our warrant and it failed on our Honda Odyssey due to brake fluid leaking.The ABS light goes on all the time too so they think this is related.Would I go to an Auto Electrician to get this problem checked!Also water gets in on the drivers side pedal when it rains but the mechanic couldn't find the leak, I am not sure what sort of place helps with this, would that be an auto electrician also! Thanks :)

kazbanz, Jul 15, 10:52pm
brake fluid leaking isn't an auto sparkie job its a job for a mechanic.

rosiepose, Jul 15, 11:03pm
hmm, that's weird as I went to get the warrant from the mechanic.He didn't seem sure of where to get it fixed but I am sure he said the Auto Electrician.

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 15, 11:08pm
If he failed the WoF because of leaking brake fluid, the place he spotted the leak is where you fix it. A mechanic would do that, not an auto electrician. He probably suggested the auto-electrician look at the light if the problem doesn't go away when the leak is fixed.

The footwell leak is likely to be from the windscreen.

skin1235, Jul 15, 11:09pm
two issues, the leak, and the abssystem, they'll be co-related but the mechanic is not allowed to play with the electrical side of it, or doesn't want to
the mechanic has probably suggested the sparky as first stop cos it will ID the mechanical issue better

skin1235, Jul 15, 11:10pm
the water leak will be a rusted or opened seam in the air box under the windscreen

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 15, 11:10pm
Yeah, I saw that after I posted.

People around here need to learn how to use a frigg'n paragraph.

rosiepose, Jul 15, 11:40pm
Thanks for your help everyone :) Much appreciated.

strobo, Jul 16, 7:20am
Gee some people have weird ideasor no ideaabout what & who a mechanic is/ or cannot define the role of an automotive technician /automotive engineer/ in the motor trade . really suprises me the ignoramus of some.

unbeatabull, Jul 16, 7:26am
I'd expect any mechanic to remedy an ABS Problem, other then rewiring a complete loom or something to that extent. The mechanic should definately be able to narrow down the fault regardless as to whether it needs a sparky repair or something they can do. I agree with what Strobo said.