Auto electrician was no help, now what?

sunny_daze, Aug 3, 1:47am
So my car has a flashing D4 and I was told it signaled a fault needed to get the code read to find out what was wrong (hope that made sense lol)
So I popped into to Auto Electrician and explained issue and he said yip bring it down on Friday and sill check for you. Well I sent hubby to do this and he comes back saying guy couldn't get to code but figured it was a transmission fault. Well thats not very helpful since I already knew that but I thought he was meant to say what fault exactly. He told hubby it should be fine and said nothing more helpful.
So now what! Do I take it to a mechanic! Will they help!
Sorry for the novel ???

hopie, Aug 3, 1:50am
what is the car

sunny_daze, Aug 3, 1:51am
95 Honda Odyssey

tatts2, Aug 3, 2:22am

sunny_daze, Aug 3, 2:26am
I have and thats why i took it in as it said it needed to be scanned. plus I can't get into that website for some reason.
Says: Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address

pup2, Aug 3, 3:36am
try a different sparky or goto the Honda franchise. What ever you do, do not go back to the 1st sparky. They sound useless

bellky, Aug 3, 3:37am
Yep^.

nzfatie, Aug 4, 1:13am
Reading the forum, it's the 4th gear pressure switch that needs replacing (part costs US$40) here's how.

1. Jack up the car, place on stands and remove the left front wheel and plastic inner guard trim to access the gearbox.

2. The 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches are close together, don't change the wrong one! The 4th gear switch (22mm hex!) only requires removal of the electric harness only. The 3rd gear switch requires removal of a cover with a black "x" on it.

3.After the pressure switch is replaced, use an OBDII scanner tool to clear the error code. A dealer may do it for free!

carmedic, Aug 4, 8:24am
US market and NZ/Japan market Odyssey are NOT the same vehicles Japan import '95 model wont be OBD2 compliment.
A dealer wont plug anything in for free mate.

sunny_daze, Aug 5, 4:55am
Like I said though original mechanic is 3 hrs away. So took it to this guy who has the scanner and I had asked if he could scan it and he said yes. Then when hubby took it in, he came home saying guy couldn't get to it. Still charged him too : (
Will check with our usual mechanic on monday if they can do it.

sunny_daze, Aug 5, 4:55am
Thanks but no way, I will probably break it even more! Fingers crossed it's something easy and cheap though,.