Back again with another question about Estimas

kiwienglish, Sep 1, 8:52am
Hope someone can help me.I posted yesterday about Estimas and got some good advice, but I've got another question.
I'm looking at something that is 2000+ (pref 2005 or so) but can't find any info about which ones have split rear seats.Can anyone tell me which ones have them (if any)!Thanks

extrayda, Sep 1, 10:52am
I have a 2001, and looked at lots of 2000-2003 ones.None of the ones I saw had a split rear seat (I assume you mean the very rear seat).Most had split centre seats, but a couple had a single piece centre seat (which I think would be a PITA).Maybe the next shape up did!I'm pretty sure the previous shape did.

kiwienglish, Sep 1, 10:21pm
Yes, i mean the very back seat. Bummer, i want the best of both worlds with it! ( having the availability of the space and seat at the same time)

kazbanz, Sep 1, 10:39pm
Kiwienglish -I have sold a LOT of this generation in estimas and none have fold up into the sides or into the floor rear seats. There are a few configurations for the centre row of seats.
The estima/lucida/emina models up to 99 had that feature.
In order to get "that" featurein an 8 seater I do know that the Nissan Presage rear seats have two ways of folding. First both seats fold down into the floor Giving you a5 seater station wagon Or you can flip either/both seat backs forward if you don't need as much space.
The Nissan Serena of this age you have a 50/50 chance that the rear seat folds up into the sides. BUT in the model it doesn't you can actually completely remove the centre row of seats from the vehicle then you slide the back row forwards to where the centre row was.-Its a clever setup.
Toyota also still did a more vanny vehicle called a Noah-same internal space to the estima. That has fold up rear seats.

kiwienglish, Sep 1, 10:55pm
Thanks for the info kazbanz, looks like i'll be looking at a different vehicle then!

kazbanz, Sep 1, 10:58pm
Hang on a mo kiwienglish. Have you looked closely at the new estima's!
The reason I ask is that the centre row and back row of seats are on sliding tracks. depending on why you want the seats to fold you may find that sliding both rows forwards gives you the room you need.
Assuming you have looked at one in a dealership the salesperson diddn't do a good job if you don't know that.

xs1100, Sep 2, 12:52am
the olderestimas are also very thirsty on the juice

kiwienglish, Sep 2, 1:35am
Yip, my other thread was about that - I've got a 93, and want to get something a bit newer!So looking at about a 03-05.