Lowering cars. a question.

Page 1 / 3
jandr12, Aug 26, 8:34am
does it damage the cars at all ! car in question is amazda 2 sport. looking to lower it 40mm.

aragorn2003, Aug 26, 8:39am
Only if you drive into something. I take it you want to put in aftermarket springs not cut the originals.

sw20, Aug 26, 8:42am
Can make the oem shock absorbers work a bit harder, and maybe handle poorly if lowered too far without being able to adjust the roll centre.

jandr12, Aug 26, 8:47am
yes am looking at having them professionally installed. the car is a 2010 mazda 2, don't want to cut corners, plan to keep the car for a long time though so don't want to potentially cause problems down the track by lowering it

jandr12, Aug 26, 8:48am
do you think 40mm is too low!

n1smo_gtir, Aug 26, 8:52am
should be sweet, make sure you do a wheel alignment after the spring replacement. also make sure your tires don't rub against the guards when hit bumps. they will be stiffer and harder ride so be prepared for it.

sw20, Aug 26, 9:25am
It depends on the car.

jandr12, Aug 27, 1:21am
2010 mazda 2 sport with 16" wheels

trdbzr, Aug 27, 1:38am
40mm will be fine, but it also depends on what springs you use. Some are quite good and some are rubbish. You should consider something along the lines of H&R, Teins etc rather than Jamex, Kings etc.

cone2, Aug 27, 4:37am
as N1smo stated shouldn't be an issue as long as it isnt so low you are creating guard rub and if you are getting them professionally installed they will suggest good brands and make sure it isnt doing that, just remember to go for an allignment afterwards because the tyres might start wearing unevenly. i have JAMEX super lows in my mitsi and they have been great (they are aftermarket springs) but you could also consider adjustable suspension then you have to start thinking about certs etc :)

friendly_prawn, Aug 27, 4:46am

jandr12, Aug 27, 5:48am
1 vote there for Jamex and one saying I shouldn't - are they good or crap! where is a good place to get a wheel alignment!

Those clamps are cheap! Are they any good

moosie_21, Aug 27, 5:53am
F_P is the resident joker. Spring clamps are terrible for your car, don't go anywhere near them.

Jamex are lower in the range. Go for Tein.

jandr12, Aug 27, 5:55am
haha OK they looked very cheap I wondered if clamps are even legal.

Where can I buy Tein from! I'll go for Tein ones :)

trdbzr, Aug 27, 6:11am
Most good tyre shops/car shops should be able to get them in for you. H&R is also a very good one. You won't notice any difference in ride comfort with H&Rs.

grangies, Aug 27, 7:29am
Goodness me.

I've seen it all now LOL.

johnf_456, Aug 27, 10:19am
:|

johnf_456, Aug 27, 10:19am
Because they want to

mugenb20b, Aug 27, 7:35pm
You think so!

splinter67, Aug 27, 7:55pm
Keep your old springs sooner or later you will want to put them back in Im with mugenb20b why do you want to do this to a car that handles very well

johnf_456, Aug 27, 8:35pm
LOL, personally I wouldn't but whatever floats your boat.

jandr12, Aug 28, 12:36am
I like my car thanks, I'm sure you'd lower / own / admire a lot of cars that I wouldn't.

jandr12, Aug 28, 12:37am
I think it would look good! I did ask the question if it damages the car at all. I've been told that lowering improves handling. are you telling me otherwise! Obviously I'm doing my research first.

mugenb20b, Aug 28, 12:37am
If you say so.

jandr12, Aug 28, 12:38am
Why would I buy a car I don't like lol