Question about Toyota Vitz

sewing_girl, Aug 16, 8:23am
Can anyone please tell me how many kms this car will do before it blows up please, on average

thejazzpianoma, Aug 16, 8:28am
I think you are better to start again with your question.
What you are asking has no accurate or useful answer.

Perhaps explain a bit about what it is you are trying to achieve, i.e buy a reliable car etc.

In short, cars don't tend to blow up, they wear over time, the amount of time varies with use and maintenance. Usually a car is scrapped when it is no longer economical to repair, it dosn't usually blow up as such. unless its on the movie set of the A Team.

kazbanz, Aug 16, 8:33am
A vitz will do 562892.2 km before blowing up

intrade, Aug 16, 8:34am
depends if you never service it mutch sooner

grangies, Aug 16, 8:35am
No it wont.

paul271, Aug 16, 8:35am
Mine has done 266000 km still going strong. I agree with the other posters tho, your question is too vague and ambiguous to give an accurate answer to.

sewing_girl, Aug 16, 8:39am
Thanks for the coments,very helpfull. I was looking at getting one that had done 150,000 but my husband said he didnt think they would do much more than that

mugenb20b, Aug 16, 8:41am
Depends on its service history. They will do 300k no problem.

msigg, Aug 16, 8:44am
They will do a huge milage if you keep servicing them, oil changes, cambelt and don't forget corrosion inhibitor in the cooling system, talk to your mechanic, 150,000km is nothing for these things. They are a good economical small car that looked after will do you proud. do your research. Good luck.

andy61, Aug 16, 8:46am
Cambelt! Vitzs dont have them!

sewing_girl, Aug 16, 8:46am
My mechanic is my husband lol, but he obviously doesnt know much about these. Hes worked on lots of cars though

sewing_girl, Aug 16, 8:48am
I have googled them but couldnt find any info about how long they will last

kazbanz, Aug 16, 8:57am
Sewing girl is it a 1000/1300/1500 !
All joking aside Ive just come back from Japan and saw some Vitz,platz,funcargo (same engine/drivetrain) with over 300000km on the clock. BUT why not asess the specific vehicle. It may be utterly destroyed due to no maintainence or it might be running like a dream.
Incidently -if your hubby is a mechanic I find it hard to believe he hasn't come across a Vitz/yarris or one of the variations. Crikey even the (modern) corolla uses basicly the same engine/drivetrain

jmma, Aug 16, 9:03am
Is his name jazz(o:

greenwing, Aug 16, 9:20am
Seriously, a simple solution to your question. Just pop into a caryard and take a Vitz for a testdrive - head for the nearest motorway, then floor it in 1st gear and hold it there - let us know how far it goes before it blows.
If you want an average you'll have to do this 2 or 3 times, but suggest you pick a different caryard for each Vitz.

sewing_girl, Aug 16, 9:21am
I was looking at a 1000 model, hes an engineer, he says mechanics change the parts, he makes them. He hasnt worked on the modern toyotas though

sewing_girl, Aug 16, 9:22am
very funny

andy61, Aug 16, 9:33am
Dont get a 1 litre,simply just dont have enough power for everyday driving.Go for the 1.3 or 1.5 litre Vitz/Echo/Yaris.

sewing_girl, Aug 16, 9:43am
ok thanks, was thinking about that as I sometimes go to Birdlins flat but I dont want to risk driving my Mazda there now, its getting tired

mugenb20b, Aug 16, 10:01am
OK, you can't just ask "how long will a car last!" There's no answer, as it will depend on how the car was treated and how it will remain to be treated.

Now, 150k for a well looked after Vitz is nothing. It will just keep on going as long as you keep up with maintenance. I've seen a few that have done well over 280 000kms and still going strong.

maceve, Sep 3, 5:18am
A toyota vitz with 1sz automatic engine dies when you put in reverse or drive just changed the transmission and engine so what can cause that need you help