RUC owing at time of WoF new auto fines.

carmedic, Aug 15, 10:12am
I see I??

dent, Aug 15, 10:16am
Stuff that. Im not going to start telling them to pay there road users or else. Not my problem. Thats between them and the goverment.

neo_psy, Aug 15, 10:20am
I thought you couldn't get a WOF if your RUCs were over.

I don't actually know why I thought that though, TBH.

mugenb20b, Aug 15, 10:22am
x1
You can, but the owner gets a bill in the mail.

carmedic, Aug 15, 10:23am
That??

johnf_456, Aug 15, 10:26am
Good on them, education is the key.

mugenb20b, Aug 15, 10:26am
Shhhhh.stop giving them ideas.

mugenb20b, Aug 15, 10:28am
Yes, but it's not the garage owner's responsibility to educate others about paying RUCs.

johnf_456, Aug 15, 10:29am
Handing out a leaflet is not that hard, I tell customers potential issues that may cost them in the long run.

llortmt, Aug 15, 10:32am
Missing the point as usual Johnny!

mugenb20b, Aug 15, 10:32am
So do I, but very few give a duck.

gastirling, Aug 15, 11:39am
I recieved a bundle of those today as well, it was in the latest WOF news that we have to read online, they are too tight to post it out! Its not like we havnt got enough to do doing the WOF inspection! NZTA should do thier own tax collecting.

intrade, Aug 15, 4:38pm
i did think i read on the gubiments site that the wof has to accuratly add diesel odometer at wof now and they then act on it and they also send inspectors to owners to hunt for tempering divises and the cops are allowed to search cars for hidden switches and temper divises since march this year. thats what i did read last december or so

intrade, Aug 15, 4:40pm
Question! What do you mean with bundel , i dont understand that! did you get a book from them to enter every diesel ruc or what is it! i see post 1 explains but please tell more how do you have to act on that!

intrade, Aug 15, 4:48pm
You know that you cant bring ruc up to date without a wof. well thats how it was. I had my hilux on hold for years till i found a replacment engine and when i purchased it at auction it was overdue. the auction told me they pay it up. never did and when i wanted to they told me sorry cant do if its got no rego or wof i cant recall what it needs but rego you cant get without a wof also could be you need rego for ruc. anyhow i could not and as soon as i got a wof i had a letter with the warning of a fine befor i even could pay it up that was years ago. I wonder how it should work now.

porthills, Aug 15, 7:17pm
No you dont, you get a warning in the mail

dolsen, Aug 15, 9:55pm
I received notice in the mail as the ruc was supposedly overdue by 10K in December last year. I can't remember if it was an actual bill, but, they were going to start recovery proceedings if I didn't get it up to date. It was a mis-entry of the Odometer and I had to fax off a copy of my sheet with the correct mileage on it and they were happy.

nightsky1, Aug 16, 5:18am
The Govt probably getting sick of all the diesel vehicles driving about with the odometer switched off, and the same vehicles getting WOF's every 6 months with no increase in mileage.

Can't say I blame them.

If you can't afford fuel -hop on a bus.

shark574, Aug 16, 5:43am
Load of crap. Could always purchase RUC without warrent or rego
Done it plenty of times

franc123, Aug 16, 8:19am
Has anyone actually read the brochure! NZTA outline the very reasons why this whole RUC malarkey needs to be dumped, at least on light diesels. According to them 1/3 of diesel sold is used for off road purposes, meaning obviously that 2/3rd's is used in road going machinery, why not tax all of the diesel at the same rate as petrol and make the offroad users claim the road tax back! Stops the majority having to fart about with these silly road tax labels. But yet another example of fudged thinking from our beloved bureaucrats.