NOT MOTORING, BUT A BOAT QUESTION

pugmyre, Sep 11, 4:36am
Does anybody know where I could purchase some Rubbing or Bump strip (Whatever you call it) for the edge of F/Glass boat!A shark ripped off a few meters and I can't locate any at all.No one seems to know.Any help appreciated.Cheers.

ceebee2, Sep 11, 4:42am
A Marine upholsterer will steer you in the right direction.hope the shark wasn't injured.
Or the actual boat Manufacturer if in NZ

pugmyre, Sep 11, 4:49am
Thank you for that.No the shark wasn't hurt, but he was bloody hungry.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 11, 4:58am
We had a huge shark hanging around out fishing spot in the harbour one season. Was (and I kid you not) about as long as our boat.

It would follow up the travelly (never the snapper), pop right out of the water and often collide with the back of the boat. It felt like sitting at the lights and having someone run into the back of you when it hit the boat.

Even managed to make some fairly deep tooth marks in the outboard.

lookoutas, Sep 11, 5:15am
Ulrich Alluminum

bigracket, Sep 11, 5:23am
As the Marine upholsterer cee bee 2 is prob referring to, I really dont know, could try Reid and Twiname limited, doubt they have it but they prob know where.

the-lada-dude, Sep 11, 5:25am
sounds a bot fishy to me jazz !

bigracket, Sep 11, 5:26am
and yes Ulrich have a fair bit of that sort of thing, at least they have a bit of the insert type stuff to go with there extrusion

pugmyre, Sep 11, 5:45am
Thank you so far for the info people, will check it out as we go.Cheers.

pugmyre, Sep 11, 5:47am
Yes we can relate to that.You want to see the prop on our boat.It's munched.Looks like a new one required.

tmenz, Sep 11, 6:44am
I trust that parts for your outboard are cheap and readily available.

lookoutas, Sep 11, 6:52am
Just a note though:
Ulrich will have an aluminium extrusion with a rubber insert!

OP might be wanting an all rubber one that fits over a flange.

pugmyre, Sep 11, 7:10am
Yes.You're absolutely correct.It is the Rubber that goes over the flange.My apologies.I should've made that clear but didn't.Sorry people.

boatguy4, Sep 12, 1:19am
Rubbermark Industries in Auckland make most of the moldings, order off their website

pugmyre, Sep 12, 4:23am
Thanks for that.Will certainly check them out.

spottie, Sep 12, 1:17pm
Most manufacturers will have their own extrusion for the Gunwhale rubber. You will probably have to heat it up and stretch it on over your flange/ join with some glue, if not it will expand in the sun and sag. We always used an epoxy compound to bed it on, others have used bog but you don't have much time to work with it and it tends to be brittle and fall out when hit.

pugmyre, Sep 12, 10:36pm
Thanks for your reply.You are correct.Looking at various products now.Cheers.

paul271, Sep 13, 8:13am
When I rebuilt my Figlass Viscount (which is for sale, blatant plug) I got mine from Rayglass in Otahuhu. Wasn't too expensive for the lot, about $200 to do the whole boat from memory.