Toyota previa 2.4 petrol eng

the-lada-dude, Sep 25, 1:52am
these engines have a habit of lunching themselves. i was given a suggestion as to why, ( which was plausible ) has anyone ever tried rebuilding these engines ! how much damage is done apart from the crank /bearings !

flack88, Sep 25, 3:15am
Knew some people with a 2.4 supercharged enima!it went ok as well,never pooed itself ,but was serviced properly !Cant see why bottom end goes on them,toyota usually good in that way.

gadgit3, Sep 25, 4:32am
2TZ-FE or 2AZ-FE! they are both 2.4l but very different from each other
If it's a 2AZ-FE then the oil changes have been few and far between for it to lunch it's self. The pick up will be blocked (these are cheep as new) and a set of big ends also cheep from Segdidens.
The 2TZ-FE you'll be better off with a second hand engine. Get the radiator rodded out and good for another 200000kms

intrade, Sep 25, 4:44am
big endsget damaged in petrol cars and thats all of em if the driver fills low octane fuel and ignores its pinking sound. that is what destroys bigends on petrols.

mugenb20b, Sep 25, 5:08am
The knock sensor takes care of that problem.

the-lada-dude, Sep 25, 5:30am
i see heaps of them up 4 auction with stuffed engines. apparently they damage themselves by not using the oem oil filter. some after market filters non return valves fail to hold the oil up, dont know, never seen one of these engines

intrade, Sep 25, 5:32am
they are a abortion of the corolla engine.

phillip.weston, Sep 25, 5:39am
Read post #3 are we taking about the pre 2000 RWD models with the engines which lay flat on their sides, or the post 2000 FWD models with the conventional Camry engine! They are totally different models.

intrade, Sep 25, 5:44am
engine on its side is the abortion one diesel of that all crack there heads past 200.000km you can see loads with new cambelts atwrecker

the-lada-dude, Sep 25, 7:28pm
same eng they use in some caldinas apparently. i will do some more checking around as to which eng it is

gadgit3, Sep 26, 12:58am
In Caldina! don't think so.
Easy check is. is the engine under the bonnet in the front or are you sitting on it