Honda EF enthusiasts - suspension questions:

rta777, Sep 25, 11:59pm
Re: Listing #: 515484371

Are all EF Civic/CRX/Shuttle (excluding 4WD) shocks/springs the same!

I would of thought CRX shocks/springs would of been firmer/better - maybe even "gas" shocks!

I've got a 1990 Honda Shuttle F(ront)WD (see my flatmate add - it's parked outside) with approx 230k kms on the clock - suspension is getting a bit soft so want to change them.Prefer a much firmer setup.

Any recommendations!+Any other recommendations - like bush/sway bar/strut braces!

It was a D13B single carb but we just put a low kms D15B, still with the original single carb (keeping it simple.), in.

+Is there any website you would recommend that would show the different parts available!

Thanks for any input,

Robert :)

rta777, Sep 26, 6:02am
Bump. :)

jason_247, Sep 26, 6:56am
not sure im guessing the rear springs are stiffer in yours being a shuttle so i would kep them

as far as front maybe the one out of a ZC twin cam car are sportier

any new shocks will feel miles better than the old ones so id go new shocks then if it feels soft still lowering springs which are everywhere cheap

trial and error as to wether other \stuff fits
if it dont sell it on

rta777, Sep 26, 12:04pm
Thanks for your input. :)

ct9a, Sep 27, 9:35pm
ring strong for honda

thegravelracer, Sep 29, 9:33am
put da6 springs in your shuttle struts it will ferm it up for ya ,

rta777, Sep 29, 7:19pm
Thanks for the suggestion - yes, I was also going to take the car down to them after seeing what was suggested here - sometimes it can be a bit of hit-and-miss at Strongs - depending on who you get and whether or not they are just there to "punch the clock" or real Honda fans. :)

rta777, Sep 29, 7:20pm
Thx!- I'll keep that in mind. :)