Nissan Serena

niall, Sep 21, 8:38pm
Looking at one of these, a 1998 model.What are they like!What is the fuel consumptionlike! Power! anything you can tell me about them would be appreciated.

intrade, Sep 21, 8:43pm
um usually owned by people with 0 money slow as hell most things dont work right due to the fact of whom owned it. Toothless guy got one for 1500$ few days ago of tradme told me how economical it wasand then i had to walk home to get some diesel because he ran it dry. They are reasenable ok to work on engine they rust out fast . but if you have to choose between a estima enema toyota and that i would say take your chances with the serena.

therafter1, Sep 21, 8:45pm
For what they are they are fine, usually an SR20, so make sure it has been well serviced and keep it well serviced, listen for funny noises from starter motor at start up as the starters are weak, fuel consumption is on a par with any 2 litre vehicle of this nature . avoid the AWD versions.

intrade, Sep 21, 8:45pm
if you got money there is better vans i recommend good conditions townace noha with 4 pot petrol engine. if you need loads of seats. but thats more like 8 to 12 grand like any car that is not poo costs about that mutch today, and you still got to fully inspect them expensive cars as they try and sell you new wracks for big money also.

niall, Sep 21, 9:02pm
Okay, looking at quite a tidy one but sounds like they may be more hassle than they are worth. It is not the seats i need but the room.

niall, Sep 21, 10:27pm
Yeah may need a second job before looking at that sort of price, lol

kandjaja, Sep 22, 12:55am
I have one, a '96 SR20 model. Good van. Plenty of go. Comfortable to drive.Around 9 - 10 k's per litre.

niall, Sep 22, 1:01am
Thanks kandjaja, it is a SR20 motor in it, it is a Serena Fino, if that makes any difference.

snork28, Sep 23, 12:05am
i wouldn:t swap my 93serenafor anything else, had it 12 years its done 148000 kms and drives like new, no rust not one spot, never touched starter motor, and no problem with power to tow the boat etc, good visibility, easy to park, and tons of room, not expensive on gas and i feel save when driving it.

johnf_456, Sep 23, 12:10am
Like any car, make sure its regularly serviced and get pay a reputable mechanic and hours labor to give it a good going over. Don't trust the likes of some inspection outfits which will just tell you if you have a stain in the carpet.