Mazda 2 2007 nosie when starting

millerz08, Sep 21, 5:30am
I got a 2007 Mazda 2 demio a few weeks ago, in the last week I have noticed a noise on starting (It sounds like it a long rev something that goes over the engine noise). Is this common with Mazdas! Im taking it back to have it checked out next week, but wondering if anyone has any ideas!
It has only done 20,000km if that is relevant.

intrade, Sep 21, 5:31am
to hard to see what noice you hear maybe its scraming on a slipping belt! could also be a stuck starter motor. if its the starter then you have to take the therminal off the battery once it stays stuck , i would get it sorted soonest

millerz08, Sep 21, 5:34am
My husband said it may be the starter. Its not high pitched, but noticable enough for me to wonder what it could be.

millerz08, Sep 21, 5:35am
Yeah Im taking it back Monday to be looked at, its under warrenty.

intrade, Sep 21, 5:39am
here a noise from a stuck starter one time it was not stuck but his engine died then its stuck again on the end.
just to give you a idea they all sound similar his starter is noisy they can be more silent but the noise sounds all similar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=SjZpSpXwb50

cubasesx, Sep 21, 5:52am
Could be a faulty VCT unit, pretty common in late model mazda's usually only heard on start up and gone once full oil pressure it gained. Luckily you have a Warranty

millerz08, Sep 21, 5:55am
It could sound similar, but not at all that bad.

It last about 3 seconds after staring motor, then nothing more.(Sort of like I have the accalerator sp! down when I have started it). Starts fine ect and have had no other issuse with it.

millerz08, Sep 21, 6:03am
What is the VCT unit, is it a big problem!

intrade, Sep 21, 6:08am
is it automatic ! cvt is constant velocity transmission

millerz08, Sep 21, 6:14am
Yeah its auto, tiptronic

millerz08, Sep 22, 7:48am
My husband had a listen to the car today. He thinks it sounds like a dry start! If its turned off and restarted you can't hear it. Leave it 1moins or so and it makes the noise on start up again. (maybe oils has drained away agin, I have no idea).
Any other Ideas! does it sound like it could be the vct! Maybe it has a cheap oil in it . . .

Its not the starer motor like I had thought.