Honda Inspire Motor & Box

shuddupowh, Sep 16, 8:14am
Would anyone know if I could put a 3.2L Inspire motor & box into a 2.5L Inspire! Would I need to do any rewiring, engine mounts, etc etc! Or would it all just bolt straight in! Same cars, chassis etc just different motor & box. Looking to do a repower. Any advice appreciated.

franc123, Sep 16, 8:19am
Hondas as a general rule are shockingly hard to repower, bolting it all in MAY be easy but the wiring and plumbing and plugs etc can be a nightmare.You might also find that they've done something daft like change the size of the driveshafts slightly or increased the spline count on the CV joints by one or something equally idiotic.They're shockers for making minor changes to things.

a.woodrow, Sep 16, 8:20am
Yep this ^^

shuddupowh, Sep 16, 7:30pm
Gayness. Cos my 2.5 (current motor) is running like ass and Im sure its f--ked, dont have $ to spend to have it inspected just to be told is f--ked - $ better spent on a repower/new motor. So if the driveshalfs/cvs are slightly different, would I be able to grab them off the 3.2L car and put them on mine - Just a little bit more work really isnt it (oh and $)!

phillip.weston, Sep 16, 8:59pm
isn't the 2.5L an inline 5 while the 3.2 will be a V6! I know they are both longitudinally mounted but that may be where the similarities end.

shuddupowh, Sep 16, 9:57pm
Ah yes, forgot about that.

a.woodrow, Sep 17, 7:19am
By the time you had it certified and everything you could have bought a new car