Mechanic or Auto electrician ?

clairen, Sep 15, 2:34am
Our Swift has keyless entry but the drivers passenger lock has gone stiff all of a sudden and wont lock.Should I take it to an auto electrician or mechanic!

bellky, Sep 15, 2:36am
I reckon auto lecky. They should be doing that (sort of) stuff all the time and will most likely make a better job of taking your door card off without damage etc.

therafter1, Sep 15, 2:37am
I would suggest auto elec and then both bases are covered. In saying that it sounds mechanical and any mechanic with any clues should be able to resolve the issue for you, it sounds as simple as dry actuators or mechanisms needing a little bit of TLC in the form of a lube.

bigracket, Sep 15, 2:38am
You could try and lube up the lock first with some crc, to see if that helps, if that dont work off to the mechanic for you i guess, I think an auto spary if a little over the top at this stage.

franc123, Sep 15, 2:40am
Probably won't matter, in fact the issue mightn't even be electrical. Could be a lock rod or linkage jamming.

clairen, Sep 15, 2:49am
It doesn't have a lock on the outside of that door, only the button for keyless entry.the only exterior lock ont the whole car is drivers door.Sounds like auto elec is best.

clairen, Sep 15, 2:51am
is this a WOF issue!eg will if fail a wof with this problem!

bellky, Sep 15, 2:52am
Now that you've said that; like others have said: Give the lock a bit of a lube first and see if that frees it up a bit.

therafter1, Sep 15, 2:53am
Not as long as the door still opens and closes . its when they don't open and close that it becomes a WOF issue, otherwise it isn't relevant.