Rav 4 tyre question

dajoki, Oct 6, 6:15am
At the moment it is fitted with 215 70 R 16 100H tyres.I have been offered a good deal on a full set of 215 65 AT 16 98H.what is the difference between the two!.compatable or not!

mugenb20b, Oct 6, 6:23am
The 65s are slightly smaller in diameter (lower profile), you can use them as long as you change all 4 tyres and your speedo will be out a fraction.

otay, Oct 6, 12:59pm
Mugenbob has it spot on. Ravs dont like different size tyres- damages the trans. 5% height in the profile will make the car travel very slightly slower than the speedo reckons, so yr safe from radar guns and cops! lol Do all 4 tyres tho.

stevexc, Oct 6, 9:57pm
Some of them aren't 4WD so probably can have different tyre sizes front and back!Not that it's a good idea anyway.

skin1235, Oct 6, 9:59pm
http://www.club80-90syncro.co.uk/Syncro_website/TechnicalPages/TRC%20calculator.htm

difference of-3km/hr at 100 km/hr - if they're all inflated correctly, if you put another 2psi in them there'd be not difference at all

tuttyclan, Oct 7, 4:12am
What year is your Rav.If its a early 1994-1999 with automatic transmission (dont know about the newer ones) just check to make sure the inside of the left front tyre does not rub on the transmission hump (have a look under the left front gaurd).I would assume a lower profile will upset the speedo slightly and increase your fuel consumption slightly as the lower profile means slightly lower gearing (slight increase in RPM at 100 km/h for example)(may go up hills slightly better though)but its probably only marginal,hardly worth the change in my opinion lol.