Mitsi Challenger. Looking at buying a 1999 petrol gdi challenger anyone know what there like on gas and how good are the engines

artnsoulcanvas, Oct 17, 7:17am
Looking at buying a 1999 petrol gdi challenger. Anyone know what there like on gas and how good are the engines! Thanks heaps

mike77, Oct 17, 7:42pm
Have 3.0 V6, To be honest, unless your going off road, I'ld buy a car.
With 31" tyres I use just over 12L/100kms (driving like a nana) have got just under 11 on a trip to the mountain. I wouldn't be surpized if you got 14L/100kms or more if you drive like an idiot, or live in the city.
I got it as a cheap modern offroader, and the petrol is good for hooning up the sanddunes!
I was told / heardof the normal GDI motor's faults. Don't know how true, but was told of the 3.5's doing valve stem seals and bearings moreso than the 3.0.
The 3.5 has a better auto gearbox though. But persoanlly that's it.
Really depends on what you want it for, and ya price range.

phillip.weston, Oct 18, 12:45am
The 3.5L GDI uses less fuel than the 3.0L non-GDI.

mike77, Oct 18, 12:57am
Have you owned both models of challenger! If not, I'm only going by other mitzi owners by saying the 3.5 uses more.easily.

franc123, Oct 18, 4:44am
I would avoid the 3.5 engine for many other reasons than the fact its GDI, bugger the gas consumption, at best the difference might be 1-2L/100km get the 3.0 if you are going to Challenge yourself.

yendor, Jan 3, 11:48am
You are buying an enormous, heavy, un-aerodynamic vehicle with twice as many dif's, driveshafts etc to turn and you are worried about fuel economy!