Nissan primera. 1995hi car has done 118000 ks should i use a differant grade of oilis on 10w 30 at the momentthanks

bob425, Oct 3, 3:04am
1995,hi car has done 118.000 ks should i use a differant grade of oil.is on 10w 30 at the moment,thanks

msigg, Oct 3, 5:46am
No that oil is fine.

morrisman1, Oct 3, 7:47am
hell no, keep using a good quality oil too, stay with 10w40. Something like magnatec is good stuff for that engine.

msigg, Oct 3, 8:14am
10 -30 can be a good quility oil. Nothing wrong with that, it all about the api rating, not viscousity.

morrisman1, Oct 3, 8:25am
sorry, I wasn't saying hell no to you msigg. It was hell no to using a different grade of oil.

bob425, Oct 4, 3:16am
will keep useing same oil.got a quote to have auto trans serviced cost about 270 bucks think thats fair got some traveling coming up

trdbzr, Oct 4, 5:07am
Trans flushing can be a bit controversial. Some say its fine regardless of age, some say it can be harmful if done at high kms. IMO unless it has had a flush earlier on in its life, and you do have evidence of it, then it should be fine. If not, then just do a drain, refill and filter change.

les6, Oct 4, 7:04am
how much oil do you get out with a `drain` as opposed to whats in there!

thejazzpianoma, Oct 4, 7:12am
If your transmission is so worn that only the friction from swimming in its own filth is keeping it running then its not going to last much longer anyway.

People just freak out because their transmission which was going to die anyway does so immediately after the flush. so they blame the flush.

People are not logical. That's why Hyundai's and Suzuki Swifts are popular.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 4, 7:19am
It varies depending on the transmission. From very casual observation (I have not done this often or taken much notice) I would say around 40 -60%.

Someone else would know with greater accuracy.

msigg, Oct 4, 7:54am
yes jazz is on to it, you must do a proper transmision flush/change, $270 is nothing compared to a buggered trans, then you might as well throw the whole car away. Nothing lasts forever, some spend $150 like nothing on a pair of running shoes or a night out on the town , but hey on my car, gotta think about that aye.

les6, Oct 4, 8:14am
we had a full flush and service done on our car which happens to be a primera,a 1,8 done 212000 k`s.The results were amazing and the smoothness of the changing is noticable.They also said the governer gear was showing signs of wear and will need to be done,must get onto that.can`t remember what it cost.