Toyota Corolla 2007ish 1500cc manual

jane310567, Sep 30, 3:14am
would this have enough grunt to tow a 8 x 5 trailer with some camp gear plus 5 ppl on board! Would I have to up the motor size!

intrade, Sep 30, 3:20am
Ex naigbour womenhad one of them she sold it because she recons it was to usless for towing the tini trailer.
I have told her its a vvti and needs to be reved to 4200rpm to generate torque, She also had problems stalling it. and i have had no such problems when i drove it. there is no power till the varable valve change over , if i was this women and i told her , check if they can chip it so its got more power at lower rpm. Shesold it and paid 7 grand for a 4 year older car instead ,
these cost 18,000$ only brand new station wagon manual it was about that year.

msigg, Sep 30, 3:25am
Yes it will do the job, will be a bit slow on big hills. If you don't mind taking it easy then yes will be ok.

morrisman1, Sep 30, 3:44am
nup, I wouldn't tow that load with that car. Well I probably would myself but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else

kcf, Sep 30, 4:54am
definitely not going to do the job, you'll be in second gear on most hills!

jane310567, Sep 30, 5:22am
ok will look for at least a 1.8L

taipan4, Sep 30, 5:34am
we have a 1.8L corolla but if I even considered putting a tow bar on it , would only be to tow trailer for occasional trips to the dump.If it's an auto you will blow the transmission up . Best to consider a six cylinder

ceebee2, Oct 1, 2:26am
Those 1500cc units are crap.I did alot of research into buying one and even the Toyota salesman admitted they are really under powered.

richardmayes, Oct 1, 8:26am
A 1500cc Corolla's not much of a tow car, but then your trailer's not much of a load either. you would tow it, but you wouldn't go very fast up hills, and you'd be revving it a bit and slipping the clutch a bit to get it started each time.

You need at least 3 litres to tow "easily". anything with a smaller engine you'll still get there in the end, but it's just hard work!