Car stereo. In addition to an earlier thread of mine i have another question for the trademe familywhen i replace my factory 199

monaro17, Sep 28, 8:26am
In addition to an earlier thread of mine I have another question for the trademe family.

When I replace my factory 1995 Nissan radio/stereo with a new JVC unit what sort of adaptors do I need!

I have seen a:
- vehicle ISO adaptor
- radio ISO adaptor
- aerial adaptor

Which ones do I need!

supernova2, Sep 28, 8:42am
Probably all 3.The vehicle adapts the car wiring to ISO which then needs to be adapted to the Radio so as follows:

Car + ISO = ISO + Radio.

Nissan aerial is probably a 2 pin so you need that adapter to convert to the 1 pin on the JVC.

This is all a guess based on past experience with radio work in general rather than specific to your car and JVC unit.

andrea_w, Sep 28, 9:08am
Yes, you will need all 3 if you don't wish to do any wiring yourself. The ISO adaptors literally make it plug and play install (with 1 exception - see below)! The aerial adaptor is an unavoidable cost - unless you don't want the radio.
BUT, the crossover year for when Nissan changed from a White/Yellow stereo plug to a White/Black plug was in 1995 so it will pay to check what colour stereo plug you have to save yourself potentially buying the wrong ISO adaptor!

You will also need a DIN pocket if your factory stereo is double DIN. DO NOT BUY A "UNIVERSAL" POCKET! They universally fit every car. poorly.
Get a Nissan pocket, it doesn't need to be genuine. car audio stores or places like Repco should stock Nissan pockets. Any Nissan DIN pocket will fit any Nissan DIN hole - they are universal.

A "Nissan trim" is also advised to tidy up the install. most won't have a clue what you're talking about if you mention it though. It's a part the company I worked for kept in stock though.

The 1 exception from above is - Nissan don't have an Earth in their stereo loom. The stereo gets earthed via the stereo brackets BUT it's adviced to loop the Earth in the wiring harness around and screw it to the stereo bracket.

Hope that helps :)

monaro17, Sep 28, 9:16am
Thanks heaps that's great.

thewomble1, Sep 28, 12:12pm
I apologize for interrupting this thread but Andrea seems knowledgeable about car radios etc and would like to tap her knowledge.
A message for Andrea.you sound like you know a far bit about radios,stereos etc. I have started a thread aboutdual units and would love to hear your thoughts.http://www.trademe.co-
.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Mes-
sages.aspx!id=1125495&topi-
c=1

daryl14, Sep 28, 12:22pm
Why do you want to do that!

thewomble1, Sep 28, 1:41pm
Sorry the link does not work.

thewomble1, Sep 28, 1:47pm
Because the unit in the car does not play discs recorded in MP3 format and it is built into the dash and would be a hell of a job to replace. A small CD player unit the plays MP3 could sit in the glove box and by a switch I could use the speakers already installed.

clark20, Sep 28, 10:39pm
Her knowledge! I alway though it was a he! Doesn't worry me either way.

gndjmgauxq, Jul 30, 6:36am
fbguunpupsjohnfttbhfcpbse, udvwqfmumi

ovezcvryyg, Aug 1, 3:13am
occwenpupsjohnfttbhfcpbse, http://www.tyhxpxhyzy.com/ ibqzscrtgk