Car Insurance Question. Hi guys i backed into a car yesterday accidently and exchanged information etc the guy i hit didn39t kno

skittles93, Oct 19, 9:33pm
Hi guys, I backed into a car yesterday accidently and exchanged information etc. The guy I hit didn't know a single word of English so I couldn't find out if he is insured or not. This morning his brother called me and said to come to a cheap chinese shop where they would touch the scrape up real cheap. I said I'm not doing anything until I find out if he is insured etc. How do I find out if the guy is insured! Will my insurance company look into it!

budgel, Oct 19, 9:40pm
Make the claim through your insurance, let them sort it out.

skittles93, Oct 19, 9:42pm
Ok sweet, but what if he doesn't have insurance! Does it still matter!

gammelvind, Oct 19, 9:44pm
What he said.

andrea_w, Oct 19, 9:51pm
It was your fault. if he has insurance or not is irrelevant

skittles93, Oct 19, 10:10pm
Ok thats cool. Not that I would do such a thing, but hypothetically if I was an apathetic person couldn't I just walk away because he doesn't have insurance though!

lookoutas, Oct 19, 11:14pm
All they want is your money.
Just tell him to come back when they learn English.

Nah - as said, notify your insurance with their details, and then forget it.

ralphdog1, Oct 19, 11:53pm
You could try, but if he has insurance or not does not effect your liability.

pebbles61, Oct 20, 12:20am
Never admit you're at fault lol

pico42, Oct 20, 12:26am
Until he pursued you through the Courts, most probably the Disputes Tribunal.

patiki1, Oct 20, 12:46am
Do you have Full cover or third party!

a.woodrow, Oct 20, 12:56am
Wait a minute. YOU backed into a guy, and on the basis that he doesn't speak english and you don't know if he is insured, you think you shouldn't have to pay for the damage!

lookoutas, Oct 20, 3:26am
Did he show you a licence!

msigg, Oct 20, 4:20am
Wll if he wants a few dollars then you should just pay him. Don't go anywhere near insurance companies, they don't need to know, if its under x dollars, maybe $500, just pay. Once you use your insurance company you have a crash record and your premiums will be higher and you will have to pay an excess anyway. Think about it. Insurance to be use only when major claim.