Insurance question. Am I still covered?

rugby.sista, Nov 2, 11:45pm
ok, so I had an accident around 12 weeks ago.(nose to tail).
My car is fine.Their paint on bumper was damaged.She said all good, she was going to leave it, as there was other obvious damage from prior accident.

Soooooooo. I was insured back then when we had the accident(I ran into the back of them when they stalled at the traffic lights). I called my insurance company the day i crashed to let them know, but as no further info came from the other party, that claim was closed.BUT I just got a letter from their insurance company this week, saying she is claiming for repairs.

I call my insurance company, and my last months premium bounced, so not currently insured.:/

Can I still claim for something that happened back then, when I WAS insured for that period!

Hope this post isnt too confusing.

ryanm2, Nov 2, 11:49pm
i can't see why not, if you have paid for that month, year, decade, whatever you are covered. If your insurance premiums are bouncing that sounds like more of a concern to me.

tekutu, Nov 2, 11:52pm
Yes you are fully insured.Even your bounced payment wont affect your insurance for at least 90 day period.When you signed up they gave you a 12 month policy, not a month to month policy.The monthly installments are just a way to fund this 12 month policy.Most insurance companies will only cancel your policy after a 90 day non payment period, and after you have been sent 2 reminders. You will have to pay the arrears though before a claim can be lodged. Just reply back to her insurance company with your insurance company details and they will sought the rest out and bill you for the excess. They run a knock for knock scheme anyway so they wont be paying each other anything.

elect70, Nov 3, 12:23am
The other party probablythink they can get the previous damage fixed at your expense, tell insurance cothattoo .Have to be carefull over insurance expirydates, mine says expires onx dateat 4pm .sounlesspayment got lostin the mailthey couldrefuse tocover after that date , but if still in force at the time ofaccidentthey are obliged to act

mottly, Nov 3, 12:32am
definately tell your insurer that there was previous damage to the other car - just so your assessor is aware they're trying to rip your insurance company off :(

fryan1962, Nov 3, 2:25am
Sounds dodgy

owene, Nov 3, 4:26am
Very dodgy.

moosie_21, Nov 3, 4:45am
You're dodgy

johnf_456, Nov 3, 5:33am
You are covered, they are trying to pull wool over your eyes.

fordcrzy, Nov 3, 6:20am
this is where cell phone cameras are worth thier weight in gold.take phots of the scene and both cars and even the driver of the other car so they can be identified.a friend did this and it later transpired that the other driver was not listed on the insurance docos. too bad for them.

fordcrzy, Jan 25, 1:10pm
if you wre insured at the day of the accident then thats all there is to know.just because you are no longer insured isnt the issue.if at theday of the accident your insurance was up to date then they have to pay up.simple.if they F*** you around take them to the insurance omboardsman.