2002 3.5 litre mitsubishi diamanti

Page 1 / 2
becsr1, Oct 23, 9:15am
hi there was just wondering if anyone can tell me what these engines are like and what sort of money would i be looking at to replace a cambelt in one and water pump

phillip.weston, Oct 23, 10:56am
they are a fairly solid engine so long as oil changes have been kept up with. Check for blue smoke at idle on higher kms examples, and check for oil leaks around the rocker covers or front/rear crank seals. Cambelt and water pump shouldn't be more than $1000 - yes they are a V6 but they are a simple SOHC arrangement with plenty of room between the engine and the strut tower/chassis rail.

yogibearz, Oct 23, 6:28pm
Agree totally with the above. I drove one to 245000km and it was still going strong. i know who purchased it and now its still ok and trouble free at close to 300000 km. Like everything if you service it you will get the rewards.

timmo1, Oct 23, 11:11pm
These are good buying I think- Decent amount of torque, heaps of room and very cheap to buy. Just make sure it has been serviced (like any car)

stevexc, Oct 23, 11:37pm
I've got a DOHC 2.5 and I've been quoted around $1000 so yours should be similar or less.

clairbell, Oct 24, 12:55am
I know one that was driven for 900,000 ks before being traded in only 3 years old.

splinter67, Oct 24, 1:02am
thats 822ks per day and a service every fortnight sounds like a mitsi myth to me

clairbell, Oct 24, 1:11am
Don't have to believe it if you don't want to. But if you really want see if I??

tuttyclan, Oct 24, 1:11am
I know of a Toyota Van that has got 373,000 km so far at four years old.
True story!

ceebee2, Oct 24, 1:57am
Geez they must have loaned it out a lot.!what was that about Mitsis

splinter67, Oct 24, 2:01am
This I believe 900000 in 3 years is more than most line haul trucks do in 3 years even the double shifted ones

splinter67, Oct 24, 2:02am
so what dose this guy do apart from spend all day in his car was he driving auckland to chch every day

clairbell, Oct 24, 2:09am
The man was sick (mentally) Got up and drove every day, went somewhere for smoko, drove, had lunch, drove and then come home at night. Done this everyday till he ran out of money.

elect70, Oct 24, 2:20am
Its only 70 kmsin an hour if drove for 12hours . Easy enough to do I driveLevin Puke& back in dayunder 12 hours .

splinter67, Oct 24, 2:28am
Just so you know this would be driving to timaru from westport and back everyday and he would have had to had it serviced at night. I beleive that youve been told this but its not possible the car could do itbut not in three years

splinter67, Oct 24, 2:28am
Just so you know this would be driving to timaru from westport and back everyday and he would have had to had it serviced at night. I beleive that youve been told this but its not possible the car could do itbut not in three years plus the 2 tanks of gas per day

splinter67, Oct 24, 2:30am
yes but could you do it 365 days a year and for 3 years

I was a line haul driver on the auck chch run Ive got a fair idea how far you can drive in a day and how long you can do it for

clairbell, Oct 24, 2:31am
If thats all you had yes. If you're asking me then no I couldn't

clairbell, Oct 24, 2:40am
I have seen it with my own eyes. He was also offered lots of gifts from Mitsubishi NZ and he was very offended and threatened to buy another brand of car. They also asked him to appear in a tv commercial but he refused. Just so you know, trucks go to timaru and back in a day. As I said if you don't want to believe ring Richards Motors and ask for John, he is the boss and ask him if they have a Diamante with 900ks on the clock and he will tell you all about it. 03 789 7985

kiwirod, Oct 24, 3:48am
Yeah sorry but I'm also calling crap on this one.
My first run as a courier was to shuttle between Wgtn and Paraparaumu 5 times a day plus one trip up to Levin and I was only doing 500ks a day.

clairbell, Oct 24, 4:05am
Did you call that a day's work!

splinter67, Oct 24, 4:08am
never been a courier then or done driving for a job have ya

clairbell, Oct 24, 4:12am
No never been a courier. Crap pay. So anyway assuming you never drive empty I am assuming you would also load and empty ant each end of each trip! So why is that so hard to believe! This guy just drove for 12 hours a day

stevexc, Oct 24, 4:15am
You call it crap, but have you bothered to follow it up! He provided the necessary details.

splinter67, Oct 24, 4:18am
he would have had to drive 12 or more hours every day when did he get it serviced, tyres , and even at cheap prices on petrol that would be $1120 per week $53760 per year see how your story looks unbelievable