Can you get petrol tanks relined or bladder .

flagheaven, Oct 28, 4:52pm
have older car that the petrol tank has a couple small holes - put sealer and screw in the holes and works fine BUT i need to do something permanent
can "they' do this work with tank still in car- ford fairmont XB.
I think it was caused thru car sitting and old fuel got water- condensation on top as holes are at about same height but in different places.
only 2 holes showing BUT I presume as per all rust , what you see is only part of the rust problem !

biddy6, Oct 28, 5:24pm
most fixes will need the tank out to do a good job. I used por 15 tank sealer.

wilco420, Oct 28, 6:09pm
Just had the one on my xa done. They pour an epoxy into the tank.Tank needs to come out to be re sealed, cost me about $250.

sifty, Oct 28, 7:01pm
I did mine myself, cleaned and dried tank with hot soapy water, then meths, sat in sun to get nice and warm (completely dry) and poured in epoxy and rotated heaps on the lawn till it went off. You will notice it thickening as you go, think it took about a litre from memory, and has lasted years.

It wasn't holed but had very fine rust particles that would block filter, so a clean up and relining seemed to solve the issue.

just a bit nervous about ethanol in fuel now.

fordcrzy, Oct 29, 6:38am
most auto paint shops sell a sealer that you pour inside and slosh around and it seals up the holes. very popular on old motorbike tanks

gammelvind, Oct 29, 6:46am
POR 15 make a very good tank sealing kit, come in sizes for motorcyle and larger for cars. You can buy just the sealer, but there is a complete system which will give you a much better and long lasting result.

kingfisher21, Oct 29, 7:46am
+1 for POR 15, works very well.

cone1, Oct 29, 8:25am
Most radiator repair shops will fix leaking petrol tanks.