VW Tiguan - Petrol or Diesel.what would you buy?

chovik, Nov 4, 4:03am
My driving about 10-11,000Km year max. Apart from the difference in purchase price any body recommned for other reasons the purchase of nearly new one over the other!.eg reliability/cost to service/resale etc etc Thanks

pestri, Nov 4, 4:07am
Neither . buy Japanese

00quattro00, Nov 4, 8:56am
Petrol, cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, cheaper to service, goes better and the 2.0tsi is a sweet litle engine

carkitter, Nov 4, 2:53pm
We have a diesel model at work, it's slow as a wet week and nobody likes driving it. Mind you, the Tiguan is out of it's league where I work, some of the cars we have are truly jaw-dropping.

intrade, Nov 4, 8:21pm
what diesel do you have at work. some japanese dieseli assume!

taurus61, Nov 4, 10:46pm
I have a 2.0 Tdi Tiguan. Have not found it at all slow.Tows a loadedtandem trailer with no problems. Our workers are quite keen to get there hands on it. We are farming at gets a little off road but if you want proper off road there are better options, but for normal use(gravel roads, farm tracks, wet paddocks) it is fine. Petrol version gives you a bit more Kw but less torque. Also petrol version is less highly spec'd. If power is an issue there are plently of chip upgrades available, and so long as you talk with the service agents it should not effect any warrentee. This is what the sales manager told me at the time I orderd mine. I have not found a need have it re chipped, it is an SUV not a drag car and i nolonger find it important to beat everyone off the mark at trafic lights.

mrfxit, Nov 4, 11:02pm
Well stated.

intrade, Nov 5, 5:39am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=1aFLKFSwnBE
thats what it should go like all tdi volkswagen are fast and some are seriously fast. like a (arl pumpedüse) will keep up with a 240hp twinturbo imprezza till 200kph

chovik, Nov 5, 9:28am
taurus61.have you driven the petrol version of the Tiagun.I drove them back to back and was actually quite impressed with the extra performance of the petrol.and how much quieter it was.but yest the diesel is quite abit more upspec'd

chovik, Nov 5, 9:49am
P.S. taurus.thanks for your earlier reply!

nuberanda, Nov 5, 10:34am
My mother recently got a 2l diesel and loves it. I drove it from Auckland to Wellington and loved it as well. Plenty of torque and i definitely did not find it slow, and I am used to drive a slightly over one tone, 180hp Audi A3 hatchback which is quite quick. Her one is quite high spec (leather, top sat nav, music interface, 19" wheels).

taurus61, Nov 6, 12:26am
Chovik, The 2.0Tsi was not yet available when I ordered mine. Like nuberanda mine is quite highly speced with Navigation,Reversing Camera, Xenon lights, Sunroof, Adjustable suspension,leather,18" rims.
There no reason you can not smarten up the 2.0Tsi with a few extras all though the $ can add up quickly.

carkitter, Nov 17, 7:49am
Tiguan Diesel, duh!

Much prefer driving a Cayenne Diesel though. No Jap diesels at my work.

carkitter, Nov 17, 8:00am
Imprezzas don't have twin turbos unless you drop a Legacy motor into one. And 240hp is nothing special, STI WRX has 280hp from standard. WRX's get their asses kicked by anything with a DSG box anyway - Audi S3, TTS or VW Scirocco will chew them up and spit them out.