Subaru rsk b4 fuel consumption

Page 1 / 4
fiddle44, Nov 12, 12:05am
sons looking at buying the twin turbo manual model sedan,struggling to find accurate data on fuel consumption per 100 ks.anyone have personal knowledge of these as heard some horror stories.get a lot of 8/10 for consumption but that doesnt really mean a lot.would you say there round 100ks per 10 litres at easy driving pace or what!honest answers please

kazbanz, Nov 12, 12:07am
Im sorry I can't give you a definative number but there is a fuelsaver rating for every post 2000 jap car. They are however well known for being hungry

jmma, Nov 12, 12:10am
So your son is going to drive a twin turbo, manual subaru at an easy driving pace (o:
Sorry, don't know the answer, have heard they are thirsty, someone will be along soon that knows for sure.

NZTools, Nov 12, 12:13am
You should be able to manage around 8.5 to 9 litres per 100km on the open road.if you are driving like a Nana.

Towing a very heavy furniture trailer I managed to get to get in excess of 25 litres per 100km, in an auto version, so it does vary between how you are driving it and the roads etc.
They are a performance car. If fuel consumption is an issue, perhaps looking at something a little more mundane is in order!

pebbles61, Nov 12, 1:02am
Convert it from twin carb to single carb!

Unless you're doing open road stuff, keep it TC

jason18, Nov 12, 1:12am
x1
We had a manual one. When I pushed it she was average on fuel. No worse than our BA Falcon tho.

bill-robinson, Nov 12, 1:41am
what carbs!

chebry, Nov 12, 2:30am
Subarus suck fuel like a badly tuned V8 without the performance to compensate AVOID

pebbles61, Nov 12, 3:31am
SU HS6's!

bellky, Nov 12, 3:39am
Yep some good advice there^ - I'd be inclined to fit some extractors and a low restriction exhaust too (I'm thinking Cobys) as this can improve fuel economy and power :)

pebbles61, Nov 12, 3:47am
Also weight reduction, lose the doors.

bellky, Nov 12, 4:00am
Yep, and bone out all the interior 'cept driver's seat :)

fiddle44, Nov 12, 4:27am
so all in all,there is no accurate data for these,its a 1999 thats why i cant get a readout.sounds like they are not either reliable or economical

lookoutas, Nov 12, 4:37am
"User pays"

shakespeare6, Nov 12, 6:19am
My 2000has 3.5/5 fuel star rating.
Get 400 km aroundtown out of the tank which is 50 odd litres
Get 500 open road. Pretty good really ,better then my none turbo 2.5 litre sub , myjeep and my V8 commodore.

Plenty of Subaru haters out there all because there mates mothers brothers uncles sister had one many years ago . Post 2000 can't go wrong.

Don't buy a Falcon heaps of unreliable shit drink gas handle like a pig , I know this owned a 1972 xa once

pebbles61, Nov 12, 6:46am
I hear 5.3L XJS's are good on the gas lol

usdefault, Nov 12, 6:52am
You'll probably average about 12 litres per 100km unless you're on the open road a lot.

n1smo_gtir, Nov 12, 7:28am
Sorry but twin turbo legacy and nana driving should not ever be strung together. They are designed to be pushed in a nice way not driven like a nana shopping cart.

chebry, Nov 12, 5:54pm
Proves the point 400km from 50L is a gas guzzler for a 4 banger coupled with piss poor reliability and expensive parts, Theres a good reason Subarus are cheap to buy.

motorboy2011, Nov 12, 6:34pm
Most problems seem to be related to the past owners lack of care than the car. I was always anti Subaru, until I rather begrudgingly got an older high KM one in a swap. It did have a lot of little problems (including one not so small prob where the valve follower exited itself out the side of the cam cover). After I sorted it all, it went fine and cause no problems, id own another. Thrash for thrash it was better on gas and faster than my 2.5L turbo Nissan.

r15, Nov 12, 6:36pm
a twin turbo legacy is the single worst car i have experienced for fuel economy.

a mate and i once took his to auckland for a weekend, over 1100kms we had filled up 3 times and it was due for a 4th, then the oil return line came off and it shat all its oil on the ground.

what an awesome car, all at 75,000kms

tazcsv, Nov 13, 2:38am
I have a 2002 gtb tt manual and its now got 190,000ks
I get 550ks to 55l every week out of it , half town half open road running and i like to use the turbos if the need arises. If they are looked after and not beaten to death they are great cars.

gemini_gurl, Nov 13, 2:47am
I have a 2001 Blitzen, consumption is pretty crap around town but ok on the open road. 1.5 Tanks from Nelson - Auckland. Is auto though so not really what you're asking.

It's not really driven like a Nana would either, it has power - why not use it ;)

tazcsv, Nov 13, 2:54am
Just love the comments about subys not having the performance of a v8, think those ppl need to get out abit more :)

r15, Nov 13, 5:14am
they dont, they have better performance and they can go round corners well too