Leaking suspension Question

signmc1, Nov 13, 7:21am
Ok, I have a Corolla Runx - NZE121 model. I went for my WOF and failed due to r/h rear shock leaking.
Now, since I have adjustable Suspension in my car, the only quote I have so far has been rather high, around $600-750 for a Bilstein replacement and since I know it is advised to get both right and left done, I could be looking at $1200-1500.

I was just wondering, does that seem like a decent price! Any comments appreciated! Also perhaps recommendations for cheaper options.

Thanks!

morrisman1, Nov 13, 7:23am
being bilstiens, I would have a chat to chris at suspensiontech in auckland, he may be able to rebuild them cheaper than new.

signmc1, Nov 13, 7:45am
the shocks I have in the car are a brand the guy at the Shock Shop hadn't heard of.
But I'll go and see Chris tomorrow afternoon and get his opinion.
Thanks for that!

morrisman1, Nov 13, 7:58am
ah ok so they aren't bilstiens. Well go see him anyway, could be worth a shot.

unbeatabull, Nov 13, 8:25am
How bad is it leaking!

New WOF requirements show it has to be practically dripping on the ground for it to fail now rather then just weeping/dirty. Would have to be well stuffed (and you'd notice the ride quality gone downhill) for it to leak that bad.

signmc1, Nov 13, 3:33pm
Well I haven't noticed any difference in the ride at all to be honest. I haven't seen any dripping or moisture anywhere on the ground.

unbeatabull, Nov 13, 6:18pm
Give them a quick clean, take it back, and mention to them the new WOF Standard that has came out for leaking shocks.