Leaking fork seals question.

gunhand, Nov 17, 6:57am
Just wondering if fork seals leak then don't!I did not ride bike for about 6 weeks then started riding it to work. Noticed oil around the forks so thought, Hmmm fork seals gone, Not a biggy, but after wiping it down a couple of days in a row Ive noticed they no longer appear to be leaking. Would the oil freshen the seals again after lack of use!Never had a bike with seals go before so no experince if this may happen.
I will get them replaced as soon as I can get to a proper bike shop of course.
And the forks are not soft at all.

xs1100, Nov 17, 7:17am
i would think that yes rubbers just getting old and showing its age and time for replacement

johnf_456, Nov 17, 7:18am
What sort of bike is it!

gunhand, Nov 17, 7:20am
Dont know about the showing its age bit LOL, A mate just got a NEW bike with leaking seals.But I have no doubt they need replacing but just curious as why it appears to have stopped with no handling issues or soft forks.

gunhand, Nov 17, 7:21am
02 FZ1

mechnificent, Nov 17, 7:28am
I'd leave them and wait to see what happens. they may have just got a bit of dust under them or stiffened a bit. they may never leak again. well till they do wear out.

Lots of stuff like that happens when yo don't use machinery.

kazbanz, Nov 18, 5:19am
The other possibilit is that stuff has sprayed onto them and the seals have scraped it up into a nice oily ring

gunhand, Nov 18, 5:32am
Hmmmm, been keeping an eye on it and still seem dry, see what happens next few days.

farwest, Nov 18, 5:34am
Have you checked that there is still oil in the forks!