Honda Fit, Mazda Demio, Hyundi Getz - hatchbacks

dabo, Nov 21, 8:22am
Which would you choose and why! Looking at 2007 or newer and as low mileage as possible.Any thoughts!

msigg, Nov 21, 8:33am
hyundi getz seem good.

stevo2, Nov 21, 8:37am
Out of that lot, I would go for the Demio but take a look (or preferably a drive) in a new shape Fiesta.

intrade, Nov 21, 8:39am
getz only from that list.

carstauranga001, Nov 21, 8:40am
Of these three the Hyundai was the least advanced mechanically. They also had a cheap interior with a very plastic looking dash. This is no longer the case with new Hyundai's but was in these models. However, I recomend drive all three models and you will like one or another over the rest, usually for personal reasons. For example, we are all different shapes and sizes so one seat will suit you over another. The next buyer may be the oposite.

thunderbolt, Nov 21, 9:05am
Dabo, we just went through this exercise to replace my wifes car.
We were leaning towards the Getz based on vaue for money.
Had already eliminated late Demio due to CVT trans.
Ended up with a 2010 Swift, which we have blinged up with a set of alloys.
It was one of the last models she tried, and it felt the best of the cars in this bracket.

millerz08, Nov 22, 12:18am
I have a new shape demio sport (same as mazda 2). When purchased I was never told about the cvt trans.
I thought it drove different once got it home, then I realised it had a CVT, but had been advertsied as AT/tiptronic.

I had a swift prior to the mazda, and I miss it. I went to look at the new 2012 swift sport which I really liked but they also have CVT.