Honda Fit CVT, anyone?

petal_91, Nov 22, 12:22am
Hi All

I would like to buy a 2004ish Honda Fit 1.3L with a CVT automatic. Fresh import examples of these seem very well priced. I know the CVT could be a problem and it could experience "shuddering" on take off. But is the CVT guaranteed to fail in short order! I would like to keep the car sevaral years.

I would buy from a reputable dealer and get a 3 year warranty most probably.

Or should I just buy a Mitsubishi Colt with a standard auto!

andy61, Nov 22, 1:28am
The Mitsi Colt has CVT auto(I have driven 1 and they felt like a cheap nasty car compared to Demios,Jazz and other). If the Honda CVT isn`t shuddering yet ,it should be ok for many Kms,just keep the CVT fluid changes up to date.

petal_91, Nov 22, 1:41am
Seems you are right about the Colt. INVECS-III = CVT.

kazbanz, Nov 22, 2:12am
The 1.3l Fit is at a cheap price for a reason.They are known to always eventually fail in the transmission.
If you like the fit then either buy a manual or buy a 1300cc demio instead.Or perhaps a Toyota Ractis.
I refuse to stock the 1300 fit for that very reason

wsd, Nov 22, 2:46am
I bought a 2002 Fit in Japan a couple of months back to use short term as a cheap runabout. Had a slight shudder on take off so took it into a Honda dealershipover there and they replaced the CVT fluid twice and it fixed the problem. So far been fine and seems like a good little car and very spacious for its size.

vtecintegra, Nov 22, 5:53am
Is the 1500 any better!