MR2 front park light question?

bigchieflittle, Nov 24, 12:33am
Can anyone please tell me if a Toyota MR2 SW20 has a front park light!
I failed my WOF today because mine either didn't have one or it wasn't working. I have been wondering if the fog lamps can be classed as park lights as they can be set to come on at the same time as rear park lights come on.
Good old VTNZ, missed a few things but typically found some random stuff that others probably wouldn't have.

unbeatabull, Nov 24, 12:44am
All cars have park lights. Any garage would of picked up on not having park lights.

bigchieflittle, Nov 24, 1:02am
I didn't take much time with my opening message so I will rephrase it.

Hello MR2 owners or someone who may know.

Can anyone please tell me if a Toyota MR2 SW20 has a front park light that switches on from the headlight stalk!
I failed my WOF today because mine either didn't have one or it wasn't working.
So I may have a fault causing park lights not to come on or else I don't know enough about my own car.
I have been wondering if the fog lamps can be classed as park lights as they can be set to come on at the same time as rear park lights come on, but are on a dash board switch.

Good old VTNZ, missed a few things but typically found some random stuff that others probably wouldn't have. (not talking about the park lights issue but then again even the staff weren't 100% sure what was going on. I told them I would fix the other issues then get back to them about lights)

pauldw, Nov 24, 1:30am
"Fog lamp means a high-intensity front or rear lamp designed to aid the driver or other road users in conditions of severely reduced visibility, including fog or snow, but not including clear atmospheric conditions under the hours of darkness." Fog lamps without "severely reduced visibility, including fog or snow" should equal $150 fine. Proof that Police don't chase every opportunity for easy money.

bigchieflittle, Nov 24, 4:18am
That gives me something to look at, thanks.

bigchieflittle, Nov 24, 4:19am
Thanks pauldw, goes to show they don't always nail us.

therafter1, Nov 24, 4:33am
The misuse of daytime driving and fog lights seems to have reached epidemic proportions and absolutely nothing appears to be getting done about it. These people that are insistent on driving with these things going in tandem with their headlights at night, particularly in marginal conditions such as rain, the presence of lots of traffic etc are creating serious visibility problems at night regardless of whether they are coming at you or from behind you.

As for the rear fogs, it is not at all unusual to have people call into work to say they have a warning light going on their dash with a light symbol and they can??

bigchieflittle, Nov 24, 5:03am
Yea but they look cool. :)
To tell the truth I never use fog/spot lights in my poo MR2 but that's because I went through a spate of blown bulbs. Which annoyed the crap out of me. A guru once told me it's common fault so I should just take them out and sell them.

bigchieflittle, Nov 24, 5:08am
Thanks again vtecintgra my manual and MR2forums weren't any help.

If anyone is interested one bulb was blown and one was missing, good how long I have had this car and I had never worked it out. Or VTNZ for that matter, but I will still keep using them so I shouldn't complain too much.