Honda motorcycle quality

waythe, Dec 6, 7:37am
I used to be a honda motorcycle mechanic many years ago and they used to be pretty good quality where other brands where a bit rough I saw the latest little 125 farm bike and I have seen chinese bikes with better made and I have been told the quad bikes auto's are rubbish as well it's the off road bikes I'm talking about not road bike's.what does every one think

bert37, Dec 6, 8:20am
honda four wheeler farm bikes looks goos and run good when new but will not stand up under heavy work, they fall to bits , i now only buy yamaha, oo and the are made in south america these days!

kingfisher21, Dec 6, 8:31am
Road bikes are still bloody good, it's the main reason I bought one, streets ahead of the others in quality, havn't really looked at any of the off road stuff to be honest.

carstauranga001, Dec 6, 8:35am
Over 50,000 kms on my ST1300 and no problems at all. Well built bike IMO.

bwg11, Dec 7, 12:31am
I have been told the 125 farm bike (XR125) is in fact made in China. This would explain its quality and excellent pricing.

the-lada-dude, Dec 7, 1:10am
farm bike !jeepers,ya woud nee wana drop tha in a cow paddie

kazbanz, Dec 7, 1:39am
I do know the crf230 is made in Brazil.
My understanding is that the top of the line road/race bikes are srtill made in Japan but the "price point" stuff is being built all over the world to cut costs

bjmh, Dec 7, 1:51am
theres a guy locally selling Jailing/chinese copy of honda farm bike.looks very similar half the price of honda.don't know what the quality is like.

muzz67, Dec 7, 3:38am
yep, Honda has dropped the ball. Most smaller, cheaper bikes are Brazillian made. Biggest mistake was replacingth XR range withmildly detuned CRF's, when they shoulda water-cooled th XR400 and made an awesome trailbike ,,alighter DRZ400 for the average rider. IMHO