Honda XR100

bjmh, Dec 28, 5:51pm
i'm playing around with the above,anyone know a link that goes to Haynes books or one on tm .i searched but ended up confused.

desmodave, Dec 28, 7:57pm
http://www.2shared.com/document/eYMX3mUn/honda_xr80r_xr100r_service_man.html

I havent tried to download it but no doubt there are a few about on the net .

kazbanz, Dec 28, 11:37pm
bjmh -the XR100 is mechanically the same as the honda CB100 and you could also use the manual for a CB125 or xr125 -just ignore the bit regarding the rev counter drive.
The points settings are the same untill you get to the ones with cdi ignition.
What is the problem you are working with!

bjmh, Dec 28, 11:49pm
kaz i've had a brain fade and decided to rebuild a xr100 i acquired years ago.always hated the white frame so have completely stripped and painted frame black,i'll probably never use it because grandkids have later hondas,but us old mechanics hate to throw things away.no problems yet but thought a manual might be good,should be putting the time into a 67 Bonnie.but rocking horse crap is easier to find.

kazbanz, Dec 28, 11:59pm
Ill have a rattle around out back for ya -Sorry dude that was a negatory--Found a manual for a datsun 120y with oil all over the pages about head gaskets-Ohh I remember that car .

bjmh, Dec 29, 1:17am
ha ha before the net eh.i have a similar dog eared "How to hotrod small block fords" brilliant books

bwg11, Dec 29, 6:26am
I've got a copy of Haynes XL/XR 80, 100. 185 & 200. 1978 to 1980. (that is twin shock - pre pro-link. Average condition, one loose page, no greasy marks. I could list it at $20 plus $4 postage if it was of any use to you.

taipan4, Dec 29, 6:58am
had an XL100 years cago dropped a valve going to work got a tow home
with a rope over the handlebars lifted the head cleaned up the 20c piece marks on the piston fitted new valve & away, They had a problem with the cam chain wearing out the alloy bits on the barrel & was not uncommon to see "tig" welding where the barrel bit where the chain ran to be built up
25 or more years ago. , otherwise reliable as "Honda"

pinga08, Dec 29, 7:53am
theres a web site called yamaha of troy and it has all the info online for ya.