Valve clearances for 1985 honda city?

kymatica, Dec 28, 11:57pm
searching for the intake and exhaust clearances on a 1985 honda city. seems to be hard to find. Any help appreciated

dunedin_moto, Dec 29, 12:03am
What is the engine code!

tmenz, Dec 29, 12:17am
Probably ER!
Similar E series Civic engine is 0.15mm inlet, 0.20mm exhaust - cold!

johnf_456, Dec 29, 12:24am
These are the specs with the engine code ER1, ER2, ER3, provided your city is still on the stock Honda er series engine.

Inlet: 0.12-0.17mm Cold
Exhaust: 0.17-0.22mm Cold

The manual I have does not have warm, its being a while since I have worked on one of these. Best of luck.

johnf_456, Dec 29, 12:27am
Yup, they are in the middle range of figures I posted so that should set you right OP.

ozz1, Dec 29, 12:31am
google is slow.today. i couldnt find zilch.
check your cam isnt worn to buggery.

kymatica, Dec 29, 1:11am
thanks:) Nice work. Where did you find the specs and where would i find the engine no#!

tmenz, Dec 29, 1:20am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_e_engine

I have a workshop manual for the similar EN engined Civic which gives all the info.
Number should be on block near starter motor and on plate on engine bay front frame.

kymatica, Dec 29, 1:31am
GR8236048 !Still clearing away oil n crap to search. this was located on the gear box so might not be the right number. searching

mrsdoobercoons, Dec 29, 5:12am
Have a look at this site for City info, there's a link at the top of the page for manuals, unfortunately they're in Japanese but you can figure most things out from the excellent diagrams and charts.

http://www.cityturbo.com/forums/viewtopic.php!t=1791&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

If it's a NZ assembled one the engine and gearbox codes are on the plate riveted to the driver's door pillar.

Cheers, Graeme.

red97, Dec 29, 5:21am
i just use a ten cent coin as a universal valve clearance measure for all my vehicles, which reminds me im after a good reliable car.

thunderbolt, Dec 29, 9:34pm
Good Idea, that loud tapping will muffle all of the other noises coming from the engine and drivetrain.