Auto Washing Machine wont stop filling

sharon.nz, Jan 3, 7:52pm
Thought Id ask in here as well as DIY because you lot are usually a pretty handy bunch and someone might be able to tell me how I can fix this issue. Is rather do it myself because Im rural so taking the thing to town wont be an easy task.
I set the level to low but the thing fills to overflowing if I dont manually control water flow. Its a 7 kg Simpson Aquarius- and before you all tell me how useless these machines are, ALL my appliances, ie dishwasher and drier as well are simpson and Iv never had any trouble with them, LOL, this one is about 10-12 years old and I bought it (them all) new.
Would realy appreciate your help and advice. Cheers

hi-ling, Jan 3, 7:58pm
It sounds like the water inlet valve, usually the cold is jammed open, probably with sediment or other such crap, Unfortunately it will have to be replaced. If your a DIY person look online for a service manual to show you how to take the cover off the solenoids, the its a very simple matter of unplugging and replacing the solenoid

cuda.340, Jan 3, 8:13pm
easy test for the solenoid. turn the water off & activate the fill cycle. you should be able to hear the clicking of the solenoid if its working. otherwise it's the fill switch has failed.

msigg, Jan 3, 9:01pm
Yea if you turn the power off to the machine the water soleniod should shut the water off, that is where the hose connects to the machine.

disney, Jan 3, 11:03pm
if you dont use hot cycle swap solenoids over

desmodave, Jan 3, 11:35pm
Or you could just hook the cold tap into the hot outlet.Who wants to spend $15 or so on a solenoid when you don't need to.

hi-ling, Jan 4, 2:24am
Not if theres crud in the valve, That will only de-energise the solenoid and if its stuck open the water will still flow. It will however tell you if there is something electrical causing the valve to stay open.

ellroy, Jan 4, 2:35am
Can also be the rubber tube that goes from the bottom of the tub to the level switch has been rubbing and got a hole it. If it keeps filling without the agitator starting then it's the tube and they're about $7. If it starts agitating and keeps filling then it should be the inlet valve not closing properly. They're about $30 but like people said, if you don't use hot water just swap the hot and cold over then it's free.

supernova2, Jan 4, 4:35am
I'd say its got crud stuck in the inlet valve as if rural I/m guessing tank water!Taking the valve out is pretty easy almost follow your nose but do remember to unplug the machine before you dive under the covers.If you have compressed air try blowing the vlave out.As others have said swop hot and cold.If that works then you know you just have to buy a new valve when next in town

We had a Simpson a few years back that developed the never stop filling problem and the service agent could never fix it, they did the valve, the fill switch and the pressure hose.We discoved it would stop if you setthe dial back just from full.Might work on yours if its a rotary dial