Landrover Series 3 Factory V8

lara.in.ch-ch, Jan 5, 1:17pm
Im curious does anyone know if the Oldsmobile 215 V8 will drop straight in to the Landrover and bolt straight up to the bell housing, engine mounts etc ! with out any problems i.e. manifolds, radatiors, steering arms etc. I understand that these engines are identical to the Rover 3.5 Litre V8 and are a far better more reliable and less break downs and head aches

serf407, Jan 5, 7:19pm
Nissan repowers of Landrover are a usual engine change.

http://youtu.be/kI3rUhYhBCg

chebry, Jan 5, 8:14pm
The Rover redesign is a better engine than the yanks could build but yeah they are the same

haventrader, Jan 6, 12:58am
Try asking the question on www.lro.co.uk (and go to forums). You'll get the answer there in no time at all, and they'll be sensible answers rather than guesses.

lara.in.ch-ch, Jan 6, 2:34am
Cheers for that. I have know problem with the answers on here in the Motoring section. But i have noticed in other sections that people can be quite inmature, jealous, and rude with their answers. Dont know why that is i always say if you havent got anything decent to say dont say it.

lara.in.ch-ch, Jan 6, 2:36am
Cheers for that. Im just running a few options over. I have a buggered engine in mine. Looking at possibilly getting a replacement or dropping another V8 of another brand into it

flack88, Jan 6, 3:21am
Why not put a 3.9 out of a later disco,put holly carb on it,plenty of grunt,easy change over,know of a good motor !

lara.in.ch-ch, Jan 6, 5:52am
Will the 3.9 bolt straight in with out any head aches ! to be honest from learning the hard way and everything ive been reading up researching on these motors the Rovers they arent the most reliable and love chewing up cams and valves etc im not to keen on putting another back in to it. Have been considering other options. I want to stick to a V8 though

flack88, Jan 6, 7:24am
Pretty sure they do,be lot easier to fit 3.9 than anything else, and kinder on diffs and gearbox,there was a landrover wrecker down by lancaster park,that knows his stuff,dont if it still there !

socram, Jan 6, 8:16am
Built properly, they are not unreliable, otherwise I could think of several racers and Targa competitors who wouldn't be using them otherwise. I'm thinking here of people like Mark Parsons/Mal Clark with TR7V8 & Rover P6 V8, plus the later engined Morgan of Rob Douglas, all of whom raced AND Targa'd them and whatever breakdowns they may have suffered over the years of hard usage, rarely was it the engine.

rickroller, Jan 6, 8:58am
http://www.v8engines.com/engine-4.htm

A good site for reference.

serf407, Jan 6, 9:38am
Chev engines have been put in Landrovers for .decades.

http://www.marks4wd.com/

lara.in.ch-ch, Jan 6, 9:53am
Thats one of the sites i found and didnt like what i read about Rovers. Felt like i had opened a can of worms reading that.

lara.in.ch-ch, Jan 6, 9:54am
Ive had 3 Chevs before in Landcruisers x2 350 Chevs Petrols & X1 400 Diesel V8. You cant go wrong with them

socram, Jan 7, 7:01am
Didn't like the fact that he needed a decent proof reader either!Theydo put in a disclaimer that the pages were written ten years ago and a lot changes in ten years in terms of knowledge gained.What they do say is that it is not the distance covered but HOW the distance was covered and that applies to any engine.
We know of a couple who have got through two new Porsche engines, but as they both drive at a maximum of 1500rpm just about all the time, and also do a load of very short journeys, it is no surprise at all.Posers.