Question about van shocks.help please

shai_one, Jan 16, 8:56pm
Morning all i have a 95 toyota estima and it is bouncy on the one side. Was told its probably the shocks so what im wanting to know is do i need to replace both shocks or can i just replace the one on the left thats got the problem! Thanks in advance

bill-robinson, Jan 16, 9:02pm
you should replace them both

supernova2, Jan 16, 9:05pm
Always in pairs (on same axle) and I'd be thinking that maybe you need to do all four if its bouncy on one side rather than on one corner.

intrade, Jan 16, 9:18pm
it will be the least of your worrys There is 100s of these at the wreckers all with new cambelts and cracked cilinder heads . i would not worry about it unless it starts to bounce in corners jumpingthat would indicate a fully dead shockabsorber. i would say you can get almost new ones from wrackeryou can just replace one especially on a steaming enema . 5 years ago this place had loads of esteamerits where i be getting a secoundhand shock from and only fix it if it seems dangerous dont worry bout clonking noises they all do that they are worse then mitsubishis and that means something.
toyota comercial and 4x4in auckland 4 cartwrite Rd kelston
i got this info about them having litrely 100s of em from a client who got a new rear axle fitted to his heap . i would save some money everywhere past 200,000km is where they go poop usually

shai_one, Jan 16, 11:22pm
Hi intrade thanks for that info do you mean not to worry unless it starts bouncing when going around corners! Its just a little bumping when going over certain bumps not when driving around corners though