Question about a cars being sold as is

00quattro00, Jan 22, 7:14am
If someone is selling a car and for example state that all the electrics work and then says as is does that mean if there is problems there is no comeback! This would be in a private sale

gunhand, Jan 22, 7:35am
Its all getting abit technical these days even for a private seller.I think there should be know comebacks on private sales UNLESS the car is seriously misrepresented.i:eThis car has 4 new tyres. But has 4 bald ones. But you would hope you would see that.

lazzo, Jan 22, 7:52am
'As is' means exactly that. What you see is what you get, buy it, take it away and I don't want to hear from you again.

00quattro00, Jan 22, 8:24am
So you can blatantly lie as long as you sgate as is

kazbanz, Jan 22, 8:25am
GH pretty well says it.
AS is where is means just that BUT thats on the basis that the description is honest.Putting as is where is doesn't allow you to tell lies.

fryan1962, Jan 23, 7:14pm
As is.is meant to ring warning bells in you're head, think the worst, hope for the best

pretty simple really

kazbanz, Jan 24, 12:14am
-That is why being a car dealer sucks sometimes. We have a car thats a nice solid reliable car but must put as is where is on all auction sales otherwise the cga etc bites us.

jmma, Jan 24, 3:37am
I always thought aiwi was used when Wof more than a month old.
From NZ Transport agency

Buyers can insist on a WoF being less than one month old. This helps protect them if faults have developed in the vehicle since the last WoF check.

If the buyer doesn't insist on this, they should give the seller a written undertaking that the vehicle won't be used on the road except for taking it for a new warrant of fitness inspection. This protects the seller ??