AU FAIRMONT Heater & A/C control panel faulty

terry77.ta, Mar 1, 6:35am
Hi, its a woodgrain panel with clock & a/c heater etc controls, ive brought a couple over last 2 years , when a/c has stoped working, but never been able 2 get demister goin, is it because of panel controls or sumthing else under dash! how can i tell if a/c is in good cond! it blows cold,but not freezing, gauge says 16' as lowest temp! is that wot it should be! any help be appriciated. Thanx

carclan, Mar 1, 8:08am
Anything electronic in Nelson should be able to help you

monaro17, Mar 1, 8:11am
16 is fine- most only go down to 18. There were many issues with that panel in the AU models, they were very expensive to fix when they were new but today it should be relatively cheap to fix any problems.- .A/C may need a regas

johnf_456, Mar 1, 8:14am
^ To also add. If it requires a re gas it most likely has a leak in the system that needs to be fixed before addressing it by putting more gas in.

desmodave, Mar 1, 8:30am
Is it chilling ok or is it a gas problem john !

johnf_456, Mar 1, 8:33am
You tell me, do you have the car in front of you. My magic ball is getting fixed again, and please don't make up names.

outbidyou2, Mar 1, 10:00am
If it needs re-gassing then where did the gas go!

We know and so does Johhny

johnf_456, Mar 1, 10:02am
Perhaps you could help the OP rather than making such negative comments

elect70, Mar 1, 11:04am
Shouldnt go below18c in the carotherwise it can freeze up the evaporator coil , could be faulityambientsensor . Thedemisteris only avent flap that opensby vacumm !redirecting thecooled air

unbeatabull, Mar 1, 5:42pm
Air Con Air is suppose to be around 10-12 Degrees out of the vents . 18 Degrees wouldn't be very cold at all.

desmodave, Mar 1, 9:43pm
The 1 im looking at only go's as low as 16 according to the display on the dash. This name calling thing you constantly bleat about , what is it. Now remember the tread isn't about you ok.

johnf_456, Mar 1, 10:07pm
Sure don't go making up names like John and shortening my trading name.

terry77.ta, Mar 2, 12:54am
Hey again, seems to be chilling ok, can hear a bit of a hiss after shut down will see how it gos but still cant get demister goin! lights up to say its goin but no air is coming out front vents! any clues ! Thanx

elect70, Mar 2, 2:41am
18Ambienttempdrop accross coil10c= 8cair offcoil .

terry77.ta, Mar 3, 12:58am
Demister still no go.

terry77.ta, Mar 4, 7:16am
any1 had this probem! any help please!

unbeatabull, Mar 4, 8:09am
Front or rear demister! If front, does it get any air blow up there or just hot or just cold or none at all!

terry77.ta, Mar 5, 1:11am
Front 1, no air blowing up there, checked a mates Futura & it blows hardso i no sumthings up. blows hard everywhere else, just not front, thanx

terry77.ta, Mar 5, 1:44am
just had a play round with it & i can hear vents & that movig, airs blown hard but just doznt come outta the front screen vents, should i try get another panel!or get the 1 ive got serviced/rebuilt! or try sumthing else 1st! cheers unbeatable!

elect70, Mar 5, 2:37am
Can you actualyprove thevent flaps are openining,can you gethot airupthem !,Sounds like a mechanical problem . delve into the ductworkto get at theflaps , easier with seat out so can get right up under the dashShould be flexy ductsthatjoin thehearer /acbox .&actuatorsvacumm or mechanical .

unbeatabull, Mar 5, 4:15am
Sounds like a broken flap or blend motor.