Tidiest 88 Honda Accord around?

Page 1 / 2
kdcentralni, Feb 19, 6:46am
Open eye CA accord goodness me where did she buy it from back in 95, are you the second kiwi ownr!

gunhand, Feb 19, 6:50am
From our local Honda dealer in 2003. I helped with purchase way back then. And one owner in NZ beofre her. Its only got 112000kms on it. Shes done only 13000kms in 10 years.

gammelvind, Feb 19, 6:55am
Whohoo japanese racing white with brown velour unholstery. Lol.
Very tidy example.

a.woodrow, Feb 19, 7:45am
Mmm love that poo-brown interior, the pinnacle of 80's motoring

mm12345, Feb 19, 8:01am
Must have used a hell of a lot of gas over that time.

mm12345, Feb 19, 8:02am
It's "homely".My 88 Safari is poo brown inside.I love it.

trogedon, Feb 19, 8:07am
Did she not visit you very often then!!

gunhand, Feb 19, 8:12am
She lived in same town as I do when she got it and I did the visiting LOL.
Since she moved to Timaru she drove it bugger all. In fact between WOFs last time she done 250kms.

hatchback, Feb 19, 8:13am
Very nice.I saw a 91 Lancer yesterday, 89k and one owner, always garaged.the paint is still shiney

thejazzpianoma, Feb 20, 9:11am
I had forgotten about the non flip headlamp version of the third Gen accord. You had me wondering for a minute as I was thinking CB accord when you said about the lights but the year didn't make sense.
Looks really tidy, a great little run around for you.

BTW, call me sick but I quite like the chocolate interior, especially as its in great nick. It suits a Japanese car of the era, what I don't like is how they were still trying those tricks in the 2000's on some models. (Not so much Honda though, Toyota and Nissan. I am looking at you)

gunhand, Feb 20, 9:15am
Not my run around LOL, the wife gets it and I inherit the people mover LOL.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 20, 9:18am
LOL, lucky you! Perhaps we should have a whip around and get you some pants for Christmas. while I am giving you s#it. Mrs Jazz was wondering if you were asian with all your soft toy's on the dash.

gunhand, Feb 20, 9:20am
UM, NO. Do I look asian LOL. And she is a Frog fanatic so theres a couple of froggy toys there.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 20, 9:23am
I figured you weren't even close. that was what made her comments so funny!

I am surprised your wife didn't buy a Peugeot. being a frog fanatic and all!

gunhand, Feb 20, 9:26am
She had a 96 Renult Laguna from a while, does that count! Interesting car but I think it was haunted LOL. We actually looked at updating that on 2002 (i think) one but man all the gizmos including the key card push button start put us off. Nice ride though.

a18a, Feb 20, 9:37am
that looks really tidy indeed. it reminds me of the one i picked up a few years ago for cheap. only cause i didn't know any better about deregistered cars. i still have it too lol. i seem to hoard these particular cars

metallicafan21, Feb 20, 9:41am
What would you take money wise!

thejazzpianoma, Feb 20, 9:43am
That certainly does count!
Its not the electrics that worry me so much with the late model Frenchies, its the automatic transmissions, lots of them use the stupid AL4 which can't be serviced properly without splitting in two on the bench and usually dies a premature death.
That and they do have some "interestng" ways of going about things which can make some service operations annoying.
If it was not for the transmission issue I would probably have a crack at a bargain priced C5 Diesel.

doug207, Feb 21, 1:39am
Those Accords are actually quite good cars, especially considering the age of the design. Good motor, drive well, ride great, quiet and comfy.
Don't get all those perks in a same age Commodore.

Real value for money now too if you get a tidy one

desmodave, Feb 21, 6:03am
Steady on there chap's i have a feeling johnhas nearly finished doing the dishes. After a cup of tea and a pipe he will be back on patrol.

gunhand, Feb 21, 6:07am
LOL, I was just questioning what he meant. Its not for sale, well everythings for sale but you know what I mean.

desmodave, Feb 21, 6:12am
No explanation needed was just goin on gut feeling.

treachug, Feb 21, 6:13am
Don't forget he has to walk the dog yet, then get his slippers on & sit down & read all the threads.

desmodave, Feb 21, 6:16am
so what sort of money would you hold out to procure such a ride !.they dont make them any more,could be a once in a life time opportunity.

desmodave, Feb 21, 6:21am
Probably got a warm pocket now as well. responsible dog owner picking up the nuggets from a little yappa.