Towing trailer/caravan

drog, Nov 13, 6:28am
Omg. Yes, that has tweaked my grey matter! One of my good friends worked at Summers, the Kawasaki importers in Auckland. They ran out of front forks and had about a dozen H1's parked in the w'shop.

skin1235, Nov 13, 7:01am
a guy I worked for back in the 60's had the same E type, he thought nothing of loading it with sacks and bouncing it around spud paddocks dropping them off for the pickers if his dad was using the normal vehicle, a 56 chev to feed out hay to the cattle, could get nearly 25 bales in or on it, they both used the 56 with a trailer up and down spud rows to pick up full 3 bushel bags of spuds (75kg) after the pickers finished, there would always be several bags on the boot, bonnet and roof before the paddocks were cleared
his wife dodged a calf one day on the road and hit the end of a culvert, tore the entire left wishbone off the E type, cobber welded it back on that afternoon after he slid it home with a sheet of 1/4 plate and packers under the left front held in with a couple of sets of vice grips, drove it the 2 miles back to the shed

richardmayes, Nov 14, 12:31am
That car is useless for towing.

I'll (reluctantly) swap you your old bomb of a Jag for my 1999 Ford Falcon station wagon. Great tow car, 4-speed auto gearbox, 1600kg tow rating (braked trailer) or 1200kg (unbraked trailer.) Much more suitable for your needs!

ford_transit, Nov 14, 1:55am
Classic :D

onion5, Nov 14, 2:35am
As far as the Cresta goes, there is a Vauxhall Car Club in Auckland some where i think, they have members with all sorts of them. someone might be looking for exactly what you have. good luck

fungles, Nov 14, 2:42am
I think the Pajeros do ok here because they do big miles, not used like city people do, parking and shopping and stuff like that. I think city people would be better served with other types that are designed for that purpose. The same as a VW Passat I once owned that died quite quickly with the high miles and objecting to a loaded roof rack by popping out the front windscreen half way to Haast, not to mention the front struts blowing the oil out after just a few miles. Not poor design as such, but poor choices then blaming the vehicle. I went up that path yet again with the Jag, its easy done by getting a mindset that a few easy mods will suffice, and a substandard car will do the job to save a few $$$$. Im finished talking about Jags and Pajeros.

fungles, Oct 21, 12:36am
And thank you Onion5. yes, have a gentleman arriving to look at the Vauxhall over the weekend already. he has a PA, and will add this one to his collection.