Toyota Noah 2005 stereo system in Japanese HELP!

benmaria, Nov 23, 5:13am
Ok so we bought a Noah and it's great for what we want. The cd player works fine but it has a dvd player that only plays audio with no picture. Everything is in Japanese. Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it or any ideas where to look? When I Google the answer doesn't seem to come up. The system is ND3T - W55. thanks!

exwesty, Nov 23, 5:17am
x1
Rip it out and replace with a NZ model.

benmaria, Nov 23, 5:19am
yes that would be an option but if there is a cheap or free fix that avoids doing that, I'd like to try that first

vtecintegra, Nov 23, 5:23am
Learn Japanese.

benmaria, Nov 23, 5:25am
Konichiwa ogenki desu ka? Watashi wa Maria Desu. Nope, didn't help.

seadubya, Nov 23, 5:53am

benmaria, Nov 23, 6:12am
Possibly, we have tried both NZ and USA dvds in case it is zone but won't play picture of either.

morrisjvan, Nov 23, 6:26am
the dvd player should only play with the handbrake on!

benmaria, Nov 23, 6:29am
ah yeah it's not like the driver will be watching it but thanks for the concern.

seadubya, Nov 23, 6:38am
Morrisjvan is right, I'd never put a dvd in mine and just tried. No picture without engaging the handbrake on mine.

benmaria, Nov 23, 6:49am
I have a foot brake on mine? And it's on with nothing happening still

tamarillo, Nov 23, 7:21am
This. There is no easy answer, it's for Japanese market only not to export.

tmenz, Nov 23, 9:08am
Probably NTSC rather than PAL.

kazbanz, Sep 19, 7:10pm
Im sorry you CAN'T tweak a couple of switched and the system works in NZ.Put simply it won't. Equally theres no "little tweak" to get the screen working
The cheapest option is to buy a second hand kiwi Toyota double din head unit and install it. in the noah/voxy its really easy to do. The kiwi unit plugs straight in.