2009 Honda Odyssey 2.4 cvt. What's cvt like ?

mad_signtist, Oct 30, 10:58pm
Anyone had experience with the trans in the new shape odyssey.

Would like genuine experience not hearsay.

Cheers

tamarillo, Oct 31, 3:36am
I think the NZ ones had conventional autos, so it's only imports that might have CVT.
Hopefully someone can give expert advise on the jdm CVT reliability.

bryshaw, Oct 31, 3:46am

tamarillo, Oct 31, 5:40am
YeAh. nah the 2009 models in Aus would, like NZ, be conventional torque converter boxes, and op is asking about the CVT , which I'm assuming is in an jdm import. Only the latest model, which is a different car, has CVT locally. I think. Someone?

bryshaw, Oct 31, 6:49am
CVT post 70,000 kms. dicey.

mad_signtist, Oct 31, 8:54am
Yeah these are imports. Not many around and all seem to be cvt. Drive beautiful. We have had cvt for years now but don't know much about Honda cvt

mad_signtist, Nov 1, 1:50am
Well we have a cvt wingroad. 145kms drives beautiful

vtecintegra, Nov 1, 2:08am
I think the earlier (03-08) Absolute spec had a normal auto and the 190ps engine - can be had well under $10k

mad_signtist, Nov 1, 3:19am
Yeah wife won't go for those ones lol. She wants the new shape

vtecintegra, Nov 1, 3:40am
Suprised she can even tell the difference TBH - it was only a fairly mild visual update

bryshaw, Nov 1, 7:42am
Watch the rubber bands and get serviced regularly.

ambo11, Nov 1, 5:31pm
We have an 05 with CVT, beautiful to drive, smooth, and really economical due to CVT. Keep it serviced using only Honda CVT fluid. They are different to drive, as in you plant boot and the revs shoot up and just stay there until you button off, ours has plenty of grunt, does 1900rpm at 100ks.

trouser, Dec 4, 6:05pm
The new shape? As in the latest one that looks like a van or the old 'new' shape?