New Alfa coming

tamarillo, Jun 25, 8:16pm
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/69672230/alfa-romeo-guilia-qv-revealed

That is gorgeous. Be hard sell in the upper echelons against the German trio with alfas reputation for build quality.

gman35, Jun 25, 8:54pm
It looks good, am in no way in the market for one, but no mention of a wagon unfortunately as the sedan bodystyle is pointless and unpractical (unless for a very top-end luxury car). That is why so many like SUV's nowadays I feel, so at least a 5dr hatch design makes much more sense for a normal "car" I reckon.
Always thought the 159 was one of the best looking cars around, the menacing front was just HORN and I so cannot understand the "cartoonish" headlight design on the Mito/Giulietta.
From a business perspective for the brand, most UK writer/forum comments often mention appalling dealer service, so if they expect to sell cars of this value that may need to quickly turn around !
The top model will struggle for sales at the same sort of price as Merc AMG/BMW M3 etc though I would think.

gman35, Jun 25, 9:03pm
P.S. still don't like the "traditional" names for the cars either.
(How can you tell someone your Ferrari-engined sports sedan is a "Juilia" For godssake ? )

budgel, Jun 25, 9:41pm
0-100 in 3.9 is pretty quick!

poppy62, Jun 25, 11:40pm
Tell them it's the Caesar version.

trogedon, Jun 26, 9:16am
Julius' sister?!

trogedon, Jun 26, 9:17am
From the B pillar back it looks like some Subys.

muzz67, Jun 26, 9:22am
Agee. still looks ok despite that tho.

trogedon, Jun 26, 9:30am
I think it looks great.

rbd, Jun 26, 10:24am
Wait for the Alfa bashing in the UK and Aussie media to begin.

Who will be the first to mention the R word?

bwg11, Jun 27, 3:36am
Which R word? Reliability, Re-sale or Rust?

tamarillo, Jun 27, 9:18am
United states and China is why sedan first. They still love them.

gman35, Apr 21, 10:24am
they don't occasionally want to load something bigger than what fits in a "boot" ?