2004 mazda premacy cat seats!

thunderbolt, Jan 26, 9:16pm
have you considered good fitting seat covers?

jason18, Jan 26, 9:51pm
Just get new ones. They are cheap enough at supercheP

jason18, Jan 26, 10:43pm
Sorry I ment new seat covers when super cheap has a sale

andy61, Jan 27, 4:54am
Give the seats a good shampoo ,you will be surprised how clean they come up.Try a car groomer to get it cleaned or hire an upholstery cleaning machine.

kazbanz, Jan 27, 6:23am
Angierose--if yours is a 2004 premacy then its the old model with the 2000cc belt drive engine--so it wont be the same seats as a 2006 one.
My advice comes from a few years in car retail.
1)remove ALL the seats from the vehicle.
2)rent a domestic water blaster, and a decent strong WET vac.
3)grab a decent scrubbng brush-the kind for scrubbing floors.
4)grab carpet cleaning liquid -preferably in a spray bottle and some sort of multi purpose surface cleaner.
This should all cost all up under $100 for a day.
Use the water blaster to wet the surface on the first seat.
Spray on the cleaners and go to town scrubbing the worst bits.
Now use the water blaster to blast the dirt away
Use the wet vac to suck all the water out.
If its really foul you might have to go back and repeat
Repeat for all the seats and let this hot summer sun dry them out.
Once the seats look sparkling clean you might as well vac the carpets free of the loose stuff then use the cleaners and scrub brush to deal with any staining. I don't recommend useing the blaster inside the car but the wet vac will be fine. if you need some liquid to get the carpet dirt moving then a tiny puff from the blaster.
Take the rental gear back and whilst the seats are drying have a scrub of the hard surfaces. Use clean dry rags to remove the gunge.
The result will be a lot better than anything you buy
I promise you this--the car will smell a lot better and you won't believe the results.

ema1, Jan 27, 10:39am
Yep kaz that would be a good idea given the hot summer we have right now.
You'd be guaranteed quick drying down in Central Otago at present for sure with 30+degC days and hot winds.
Also as kaz says it's likely used seats could well be needing a good clean too.
I did that to a Cressida years ago with a soiled interior, took the whole interior out including carpeting and took to it with carpet cleaner shampoo you name it I did it and hosed copious amounts of high pressure water to clear away all of the cleaner etc and used an industrial wet vac to extract as much water as possible, it all came up a treat, dried quick too in that particular hot summer I did it and I reassembled it all a couple of days later bone dry.
Interestingly the carpet didn't shrink hardly at all like I thought it could have, probably because it dried super fast in our summer heat after high pressure hosing the crap out when on the line then I vac'd as much water out of it leaving it over night on the line to dry.

kazbanz, Jan 27, 7:26pm
ema--um that5s why I stopped short of saying to do the carpets. I had a mental image of the next thread

ema1, Jul 19, 5:56pm
Ha ha , that would be interesting.
Actually I took the carpet out of the Corolla I currently own and no shrinkage occurred on it either, not to say carpets in other makes could shrink, must be because the Corolla carpet is 100% synthetic. pretty much.