2004 holden astra

nave12, Jan 28, 5:27am
Hi,i changed the coil pack over today on an astra and it all went well except i could'nt for the life of me figure out how to put the connector plug back on,it came off the old coil fine but won't go on the new coil pack connection,i have also tried to connect it to the old coil pack connector and it just won't plug in?,any help please much appreciated,i am stumped big time.

kazbanz, Jan 28, 5:32am
have a good look at it and see if something has bent or if part of the old coil pack plug is stuck on it

intrade, Jan 28, 6:20am
possibly the locking devise has gone snapped back in as it was unplugged?
also i hope you change all sparkplugs as that and old age is the 2 main reson for destroying a coil

intrade, Jan 28, 6:29am
http://www.carsparesdirect.com/images/2793_1.jpg
that will be the coil pack i just told a client in manukau they need new plugs befor it nukes the coils as part of correct servicing on there berina

evotime, Jan 28, 6:37am
Have you tried turning it the other way up?

franc123, Jan 28, 6:45am
Check that you haven't doubled up on the plug seals, sometimes the new coil may have a seal already in the plug hole and when you disconnect the old coil the seal stays on the plug. The seals can sometimes swell a bit and make the plug a tighter fit, a little silicone spray may help.

llortmt, Jan 28, 7:27am
That would be my guess^

nave12, Jul 18, 11:05pm
There was'nt a seal when it came off or with the new coil,i'm in the process of getting a picture sorted so will post that up when got it,and yes looked at trying to see if it was the wrong way up but no there is definately only one way that it will work.The snapped back in comment made by intrade sounds like what may have happened,how would i get it un stuck if thats what it is?.