BMW 5 Series Diesel, 2003-10?

dublo, Oct 6, 2:35am
Are there many of these in NZ? Before I write a "letter to the editor" (or more correctly the librarian of our small city public library) I would like to know whether I am ever likely to see even one on the road.
The reason for the enquiry is because amongst a whole lot of new workshop manuals, many for very obscure cars, our library has recently obtained two copies of the Haynes manuals for this model.
They cry poverty and even have volunteers manning stalls to try to sell donated books to make money for new issues, but seem to fill at least the shelves I browse through with obscure titles and duplicate copies of books which are seldom borrowed.
They are not much good at cataloguing new books either - a Haynes book on Scalextric model slot cars is also to be found (guess where!) amongst the automotive workshop manuals!

vtecintegra, Oct 6, 2:58am
There are ~30 listed so not hugely rare

tamarillo, Oct 6, 3:19am
That is a ridiculous thing for a library to get.

dublo, Oct 6, 4:06am
Thank you, gentlemen. vtecintegra: I didn't think to look up Trade Me listings and spotted 4 5-Series Diesel cars listed, so there are a few out there. Tamarillo: I agree, and I wonder how many owners of these models would actually want to consult workshop manuals?

a.woodrow, Mar 20, 1:05am
Before you panic I would ask if they actually paid for them. Lots of reference manuals are donated to public libraries by publishers