Petrol isuzu wizard

babaruka, Jan 13, 11:25pm
Can anyone tell me anything about these cars? Looking to upgrade and quite like the isuzus but my current bighorn is diesel and know nothing about petrol

intrade, Jan 14, 12:18am
wizzard is the long wheel base isuzu Mu

pc_uncorrect, Jan 14, 5:53am
IMHO, unless you've got good reason to swap over to petrol? then go for it. I'm a big fan of older Isuzu diesels, and view the Wizard petrol as a downgrade rather than a upgrade.
In saying that, the V6 Isuzu petrol has plenty of 'boogie', gas-guzzler, reliable. I have heard some have cylinder-heads-crack, ignition problems (minor), but overall good engine.

grangies, Jan 14, 6:25am
If you hate spending money on fuel, then you'll soon be hating a petrol powered Isuzu Wizard.

babaruka, Jan 14, 7:25am
Vehicle would be only used for towing on weekend and would keep my current work horse. Just was concerned about getting a newer isuzu diesel bighorn as have heard they are not as good and wondered if the wizards/mu were the same so that was why wondering about the petrol

pc_uncorrect, Jan 14, 7:53am
IMHO, Isuzu diesel went downhill when they implemented electronic injection-pumps, very expensive if need to fix. Give me the old 4JB1-T (2.8) with mechanical injection pump anyday, go forever with very little issue (the odd o-ring, every million k's hehe)

franc123, Jan 29, 9:20am
Absolutely, the 3.0 (NOT 3.1) Isuzu diesel was a disaster, its called a 4JX1 and suffered from a number of serious issues, it dates from an era when Isuzu didnt know which way to go with diesel development. The only upside was while it wasnt self destructing it performed a lot better than the old motor. The V6 Petrol engines are OK and would be fine for what you want. Just don't overheat it, or the transmission for that matter either, a new radiator and trans cooler would be money well spent. As with anything else similar give it a good going over for signs of misuse, neglect, salt water exposure etc.