No sniffer dog in my car thank you!

marte, Jun 27, 10:06am
I had the car I was driving searched while in the jail carpark.
And I was there to pick some one up.
Notice that be doing what I was doing, there would be no way to actually get drugs or stuff INTO prison.
So what was their point? "Because we can" was the answer.

And, as I drove out onto the main road. The police had stopped about 20 cars in a row and was searching the cars.
While they were on a marked road and not inside the prison boundrys.

marte, Jun 27, 10:11am
Bollocks.
You have to deny them access.
By not denying them, saying nothing, the police take that as consent.

Ie, like rape. If you do not deny them, its consent.
Passed out on the drug ethanol, find some other person on top of you who is under its effects, having sex/rapey rapey
with you, its consent.
Like the song" if it don't matteer to you, it don't matter to me"

cammey, Jun 27, 10:26am
Yes, they can search with your consent. And I don't debate that they will say that you consented if you don't make it clear you didnt consent.

This is however a breach of the law. The search and surveillance act is clear that they have to advise you that you can refuse a search:

93 Advice that must be given before consent search undertaken

Before conducting a search by consent, the enforcement officer who proposes to conduct it must??

whqqsh, Jun 27, 10:43am
lots of prisoners come & go on day release etc, more tend to gardens etc around the complexes so something can be dropped to be picked up later, you don't NEED to go into the buildings to smuggle contraband into a prison. thought that would've been obvious

cmscott111, Jun 27, 10:13pm
It's called being accurate unlike any of your posts

cammey, Jun 28, 1:15am
You lost the debate. Get over it.

ozz1, Jun 28, 1:59am
WTF. ? try explaining that to a girl who has been raped . whilst being drunk or drugged raped?. NO means NO . either way. . dick

skiff1, Jun 28, 3:04am
a load of rubbish. Go play on the motorway.

mardyyy, Jun 28, 6:16am
The point was actually NZ is pretty slack. Only need to go to Australia to see a change in cops attitude.

gmphil, Jun 28, 6:41am
u can hole Hartley refuse them too seach ur car !
and they hole Hartley refuse u entry !
that simple !
I no ive sein it too on the tele but who in there rite mind would go to a place like that with some thing that was ilgeal

gsimpson, Jun 28, 6:53am
Have you got the dis-spell check engaged?

diddlette, Apr 16, 11:07am
No, which is no surprise in itself, the confusing of laws is also not surprising but apparently no one wants to be arrested for obstruction.