So much for secure parking

Page 1 / 2
gypsypom, Nov 27, 7:32pm

jerichord, Nov 27, 7:49pm
parked with this outfit about 2years ago,car had done an extra 25ks, they had been through the glovebox and stolen a handfull of change, allso been through the carton of goods in the boot, manager didnt want to know about it.

tamarillo, Nov 27, 8:15pm
70 k through a roundabout! A big open one. No mention of damage or cars leaving road, skidding etc.
this is worth all the time and money spent on court proceedings!
Not endorsing their behaviour, but a bloody good telling off and infringement notice surely would do. And a word with employer!
Bloody young sportsperson got let off drink drive because of adverse effects on travel.

bryshaw, Nov 27, 8:43pm
They were on Fair Go a while back. They left some poo in the back of a female's car, probably because the female was not hetrosexual, and the workers are Muslim. A terrible outfit.

scuba, Nov 27, 8:54pm
so you would be ok with them doing this with your car? or hitting your car while driving like this?

socram, Nov 27, 9:24pm
So just because they are Uni students they wanted a softer sentence? Not only does it affect the viability of their employer's business (which appears to be somewhat dodgy anyway if they tend to support their employees rather than their customers) but one is training to be a teacher. Would you want that sort of person in any way involved with educating your kids?

It is a form of what we called in the UK, TDA (Taking and Driving Away) which was then, (way back when I was involved in the system), an offence where they would be behind bars if found guilty.

tamarillo, Nov 27, 10:39pm
No of course not. It's the level of punishment that I disagree with.

tamarillo, Nov 27, 10:40pm
Don't many of us do stupid things at this age?

bwg11, Nov 27, 10:47pm
Hope you would be as lenient and forgiving if it was your car. The defendants stated in their defence, "that a conviction would make them lose their jobs". WTF - if the employer will keep them on after this incident he is obviously condoning this activity.

tintop, Nov 27, 10:50pm
Yes - but not in someone elses car that they have been trusted with.

They got off lightly.

ema1, Nov 27, 10:52pm
NZ Govt needs to be more aware of who migrates to this country don't you think. Interesting.
Seems we are "importing" a percentage of the worlds crims ?
Deport em I reckon if they are recent migrants if they can't abide with laws of a "supposedly" civilized country it's costing all of us dearly as tax payers.
Scumbags, if they do this sort of thing what the heck else of a more serious nature are they possibly likely to be getting up to, not to mention the ones coming back from Australia.
Perhaps it's a good thing some of those coming back from Australia are trying to find ways of going back to Australia, let em go back I say.

tintop, Nov 27, 10:54pm
Probably a lower percentage than we have already or are being sent back from Oz.

saxman99, Nov 27, 11:03pm
I agree. Far too light. Minimum of 10 years and the loss of a thumb.

tintop, Nov 27, 11:10pm
Just one?

mongolia1, Nov 28, 1:35am
And you are sure they weren't born in NZ to parents who migrated here?

elect70, Nov 28, 2:19am
Wouldnt trust those park & fly outfits . They take no responsibility for anything that happens to your car . better to use long term car park & shuttle bus . Those shits luck not facing theft charges . At least they got a conviction .

ema1, Nov 28, 2:24am
Read my post again mongolia1 did you not take into account that I said "Deport em I reckon if they are recent migrants . "
that would suggest I did take into account if they were NZ born or not of parents who migrated here.
Whatever the case, those SCUMBAGS got off far too lightly as someone else mentioned, if their kin folk say they are peaceful law abiding folks then they should deal to those that transgress in their way, it's a fair bet that that won't happen?

socram, Nov 28, 6:43am
Not when it came to cars. At that age, any car I drove and right up to my first at 21, belonged to someone else and was treated with respect. Heck, some of us still treat hire cars with respect!

cordia_4g63t, Nov 28, 7:54am
My dad once completely polished a Suzuki Swift hire car before returning it. The look on the inspector's face when he pulled in was priceless!

ema1, Nov 28, 8:13am
Just surprises me . well not really these days that some younger folk don't have a flicker of an idea of what respect actually means or is and that extends way beyond just cars.
Having respect for their elders and people in authority tends to be a rarity these days.

peja, Nov 28, 12:43pm
I have been using Park and Ride, will definitely keep using them after reading this! You park your car. and take the keys with you. So no dodgy employees get to drive it, steal stuff from it or leave poos in it.

whqqsh, Nov 28, 1:03pm
those places park your car in their nice looking secure fenced compound, then once you're on your flight they move your car a few kms down the road to whats basically a paddock out the back of airport oaks industrial estate. I drive past there a couple of times a week & laugh at their 'secure parking'

noswalg, Nov 28, 4:59pm
my initial thoughts were the same, that'd they had taken clients car's out for a joyride but I think they were enroute from the airport to the carpark and were just playing silly buggars. Can't charge them with theft for that.

farmerjohn, Nov 29, 2:05am
I also had a problem with this company, the shuttle bus driver was rude and arrogant, no pr skill at all ,on returning to depot saw my car being backed into a pole by a driver, took manager outside to show damage and he denied it happened at their yard, a crap way to finish a holiday,money was also missing from car.

bryshaw, Aug 23, 1:16am
Enjoy the diversity of migration.