Are nissan avenir salut x any good

tajarn, Jul 7, 7:09am
im just wondering it is an older model tho 96 to be exact regular serviced aswell is there any other things i may need to know as im so novice lol. help apreciated

tgray, Jul 7, 7:12am
Like any 19 year old car, check the basics at the very least.
Pretty reliable car, although won't win any beauty pageants.
They lean towards the commercial market, with little creature comforts.

mugenb20b, Jul 7, 7:14am
Well, it's nearly 20 years old, so it may be good or you may end up having problems. Generally speaking, they are pretty good so only maintenance items can let it down, like starter motors, fuel pumps etc.

gmphil, Jul 7, 7:26am
my mum had a 97 model got in 2000 I think she had it 6-7 years no probs sold because too big as she got older

joanie04, Jul 7, 7:49am
I have a 1999 model. The expert is more towards the commercial market. My salut has back seats similar to the front. Nice car to drive. I had to replace the timing chain not long after getting it but other than that trouble free economic motoring. Bit gutless on hills as it's only 1800cc but I like it. I prefer wagons especially when I need a bale of hay for the critters.

poppy62, Jul 7, 8:04am
Rust in the tailgate and doors "Under the rubber seals" would be the main concern. There are also a lot of moisture/ sediment traps like the bottom of the front guards visible with the front doors open. roof rack rails and front scuttle/ wiper panel plus check the radiator support panel. Daughter had one for 9years so got to know it better than I really wanted to.

tajarn, Jul 7, 8:12am
well its at 159xxx ks and shes saying everything works fine demister a/c electrics etc is due for a warrant in 2weeks shes saying will need two bacl tyres is all any other things i should ask?

wayned, Jul 7, 10:47am
I had a 96, bought in about 2008'for $2k with 150k. Had for three years, no issues, sits nicely and the road and just cruises along. Not great on gas, 450k to 55litres around town. Father has had it last 4 years, still no issues. Tyres, battery, fluids etc, nothing broken or worn out, now has about 200k on it.

tgray, Jul 7, 8:18pm
Yes. Ask her to get a new WOF for you BEFORE you buy it.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 7, 9:01pm
Rust, rust rust. You need to get it on a hoist and have a good look underneath. A friend of mine imported one when they were quite new, it already had extensive hidden structural rust, cost big dollars to get it repaired for compliance.

They are also quite thirsty and the interior space is not as usable as you would expect for the exterior size.

You can do a lot better in my opinion.

peja, Jul 7, 9:24pm
That is heavy on gas, barely any better than my V8 Commodore wagon. And I know which I would prefer to drive

tgray, Jul 7, 9:32pm
How much does she want for it?

tajarn, Jul 7, 11:38pm
$1000

seadubya, Jul 8, 1:01am
They are very reliable with loads of parts available. For that price I would be taking it to my preferred mechanic for a warrant of fitness myself and be asking him to look out for any reason not to buy it. Sounds like a great deal if it is up to date on maintenance.

tgray, Mar 8, 4:37pm
That's cheap!
Sounds like a great deal and probably worth twice that.