2.8 Toyota hi-lux flat deck 96

frank1, Dec 2, 7:16am
Had a fuel leak from tank,either hoses or gasket holding tank pick up unit were leaking, anyway fixed leak,but now ute stalls on idle and no power on hill,2nd gear senario to get up hill,ie no power
Guess my question is do I need to bleed injectors?
Air in system I think.
Hoses were disconnected

intrade, Dec 2, 7:22am
i think you have more air leakage . the primer filter membrane is another source where they fail and draw air. so is the injector pump gaskets on pump it self.
give more information stall in idle?
fit a clear hose to the return and you should see if you have air in the system

franc123, Dec 2, 7:49am
You certain you didn't mix up the lines where they attach to the tank? If there is enough diesel it will still suck it through the return. If not you must have an air leak somewhere.

frank1, Dec 2, 8:17am
Positive, fuel lines are not mixed,checked.before removing,and fuel hoses are different ID anyway franc.
intrade--ute ran well before, even tho it had fuel leakage at tank,but took a few cranks to start.
Cut hoses anyway and reconnected.
No leaks around injection pump or motor

skiff1, Dec 2, 8:55am
Bleed it anyway, takes bugger all time and won't hurt.

intrade, Dec 2, 8:58am
you wont see a air leak it draws air in you will see the air in the return line however.
is primer pump getting hard?

frank1, Dec 2, 9:11am
Primer pump getting hard?-will check tomorrow
Thanks intrade

tweake, Dec 2, 9:20am
pointless bleeding it as its already running.

as mentioned odd are its sucking air in. all it takes is a slightly loose hose connection. partly blocked filter make it worse. it won't leak fuel so they are hard to find.

a weird one thats happened on a nissan patrol was a crack in the metal pickup pipe inside the tank. might have been damaged when it was apart.

frank1, Aug 7, 9:38am
Up date--tightened up hose clips and motor runs well,but now leaking fuel again,so pretty sure fuel feed pickup has a pin hole in it,was a little rusty so now to find a replacement one